If you didn’t get enough Star Wars at the convention here in Orlando, last month, then the Force will be with you this month at the Orlando History Center.
“Galactic Encounter Day” takes place on Saturday, September 15, 2012, from 10:30am to 3pm.
As with years past, the 501st Legion: Vader’s Fist will march through Heritage Square downtown, beginning at 11am. The parade is free to watch, but I suggest lining up early, as a lot of people show up for this.
After, the History Center will continue the fun with opportunities to build your own light saber; enjoy “Blue Milk,” “Wookie Cookies,” and “Yoda Juice”; and work alongside a LEGO® Master Builder to construct a foot-tall R2-D2 model.
There will also be photo opportunities with Star Wars characters.
Galactic Encounter Day activities are included with general admission to the History Center. Adults are $9, seniors and military are $7, and ages 5-12 are $6.
For more information, visit thehistorycenter.org.
The Orlando History Center is located downtown at 65 E. Central Blvd. Phone is 407-836-8500.
[Image courtesy of the Orlando History Center]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022