If you didn’t get enough Star Wars at the convention here in Orlando, last month, then the Force will be with you this month at the Orlando History Center.
“Galactic Encounter Day” takes place on Saturday, September 15, 2012, from 10:30am to 3pm.
As with years past, the 501st Legion: Vader’s Fist will march through Heritage Square downtown, beginning at 11am. The parade is free to watch, but I suggest lining up early, as a lot of people show up for this.
After, the History Center will continue the fun with opportunities to build your own light saber; enjoy “Blue Milk,” “Wookie Cookies,” and “Yoda Juice”; and work alongside a LEGO® Master Builder to construct a foot-tall R2-D2 model.
There will also be photo opportunities with Star Wars characters.
Galactic Encounter Day activities are included with general admission to the History Center. Adults are $9, seniors and military are $7, and ages 5-12 are $6.
For more information, visit thehistorycenter.org.
The Orlando History Center is located downtown at 65 E. Central Blvd. Phone is 407-836-8500.
[Image courtesy of the Orlando History Center]
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018
- Yelp Restaurant Week Runs March 18-24 in Orlando #yelporlando - March 14, 2018
- Music Icon Richard Marx to Rock Plaza Live Orlando on March 18, 2018 - March 13, 2018
- JAY-Z And Beyoncé to Bring On The Run II Tour to Orlando’s Camping World Stadium Aug 29, 2018 - March 12, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2018 Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day - March 11, 2018
- 59th Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival Returns March 16-18, 2018 - March 10, 2018