This is year #13 for Busch Garden’s annual Howl-O-Scream Halloween event, and they are using that number to good effect.
Nowhere is that more evident than one of the new horror houses: Circus of Superstition 3-D. The Trickster will command crazed circus clowns to challenge you to survive 13 superstitions in their 3-D Tent of terror.
Another new house is called Blood Asylum. In it, a serial killer called “The Creature” escapes his holding cell in a mental hospital. He then proceeds to kill everyone he meets, turning the hospital into a bloody playground.
Other returning houses will test your fear with vampires, zombies, mutant possessed dolls, and even the legend of Edgar Allen Poe.
Also new this year is the show “Fiends,” featuring creatures of the night and their deranged dance party, along with Dr. Freakenstein.
“Dark Side of the Gardens” is the official theme for this year’s event, and there will be plenty of scare zones in addition to the horror houses and shows.
Another thrill for guests will be the opportunity to ride the park’s adrenaline-fueled coasters in the dark.
There is a “Freaky Preview” of Howl-O-Scream the weekend of September 21 and 22. After that, the event runs the following dates:
- Sept. 27-29
- Oct. 4-6, 11-13, 18-20 and 25-27
Hours each night are from 7:30pm to 1am during the preview dates and on Thursdays. Friday and Saturday hours are 7:30pm to 2am. No costumes are allowed.
Howl-O-Scream is a separately ticketed event. General admission is $79.99 plus tax. Reduced advance-purchase rates and special offers are available for Busch Gardens pass members. Savings on general admission tickets are available in advance at participating Publix Supermarkets or with promotional codes found at participating Taco Bell and Applebee’s locations in Central Florida.
For more information on Howl-O-Scream, including VIP packages, or to purchase tickets, visit TheDarkSideOfTheGardens.com.
[Image courtesy of Busch Gardens Tampa]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023