Orlando is becoming quite a foodie town, and one of the best times to check out the area dining scene is during the annual Magical Dining Month.
Similar to restaurant weeks in other cities, Orlando’s event features fine dining restaurants from around town offering up special menus for a fixed price to guests.
For the 2012 version, the participating venues are offering up special three-course dinner menus for $30 per person. Most of the menus feature an appetizer, entree and dessert, with two to three choices per course. Tax, beverages, and gratuity are extra.
In the Disney/Lake Buena Vista area, restaurants include Todd English’s Blue Zoo, La Luce by Donna Scala, and Andiamo Italian Bistro and Grille,
Restaurant Row (along Sand Lake Rd in Dr. Phillips) features menus from Fishbones, Morton’s The Steakhouse, and Seasons 52.
In the International Drive area by the convention center, diners can choose from favorites like Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar, Funky Monkey Wine Company, and Taverna Opa.
There are quite a few options in the Universal Orlando area, including Emeril’s, Emeril’s Tchoup Chop, Latin Quarter and The Palm.
Downtown diners can choose from the likes of The Bohme, Hue, and Prickly Pear.
Other restaurants include Chez Vincent, Luma on Park, Crave, and Le Coq Au Vin.
As a bonus, one dollar from each meal from this promotion will go to a chosen charity. This year, it is the Edgewood Children’s Ranch.
Orlando Magical Dining Month 2012 runs from September 1 through 30.
For a complete list of participating restaurants, sample menus, and more information, visit the Orlando Magical Dining Month website, sponsored by Visit Orlando.
- PirateFest Weekends Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Jan 22, 2022 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PirateFest #BuiltForKids - January 19, 2022
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Music Headliners Announced for 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #GardenRocksConcerts - January 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando Announces Headliner Concerts for Mardi Gras 2022 .. @UniversalORL #UniversalOrlando #MardiGras #OrlandoConcerts - January 14, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021