One of the best kid-friendly Halloween events in Orlando is of course put on by Walt Disney World. The annual Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a fave among Disney fans.
This year, the event starts on September 11, and runs through November 2, 2012.
On select nights, the Magic Kingdom will be transformed into a family-friendly party, running from 7pm to midnight.
Guests are invited to dress up in Halloween costumes, and there will be trick-or-treating for the young. Even the Disney characters will be dressed up in their Halloween finest.
Nightly entertainment includes the twice nightly “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade,” led by the infamous Headless Horseman (a Disney-fied version, of course, so as not to spook the kids). There will also be a nightly performance of “HalloWishes,” a green and orange fireworks display with Disney villains.
Select regular attractions and rides will also be open for guests to enjoy.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party dates in 2012 are:
- Sept. 11, 14, 18 21, 25, 28, 30
- Oct. 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 22, 23, 25, 28, 30 and 31
- Nov. 2.
This is a separately ticketed event, so regular admission tickets and passes are not valid. Cost per ticket depends on the date attending. Advance purchase tickets range from $55.95 (plus tax) for ages 10 and up and $50.95 for ages 3 to 9, to $64.95 for ages 10+ and $59.95 for ages 3-9. If there are tickets still available, day of purchase prices will jump an additional $6 per ticket.
A full list of prices and dates to purchase, as well as more info on the event, can be found online at disneyworld.com/halloween.
[Photo courtesy of Walt Disney World/Kent Phillips, photographer]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022