One of the best kid-friendly Halloween events in Orlando is of course put on by Walt Disney World. The annual Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a fave among Disney fans.
This year, the event starts on September 11, and runs through November 2, 2012.
On select nights, the Magic Kingdom will be transformed into a family-friendly party, running from 7pm to midnight.
Guests are invited to dress up in Halloween costumes, and there will be trick-or-treating for the young. Even the Disney characters will be dressed up in their Halloween finest.
Nightly entertainment includes the twice nightly “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade,” led by the infamous Headless Horseman (a Disney-fied version, of course, so as not to spook the kids). There will also be a nightly performance of “HalloWishes,” a green and orange fireworks display with Disney villains.
Select regular attractions and rides will also be open for guests to enjoy.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party dates in 2012 are:
- Sept. 11, 14, 18 21, 25, 28, 30
- Oct. 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 22, 23, 25, 28, 30 and 31
- Nov. 2.
This is a separately ticketed event, so regular admission tickets and passes are not valid. Cost per ticket depends on the date attending. Advance purchase tickets range from $55.95 (plus tax) for ages 10 and up and $50.95 for ages 3 to 9, to $64.95 for ages 10+ and $59.95 for ages 3-9. If there are tickets still available, day of purchase prices will jump an additional $6 per ticket.
A full list of prices and dates to purchase, as well as more info on the event, can be found online at disneyworld.com/halloween.
[Photo courtesy of Walt Disney World/Kent Phillips, photographer]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023