If you are a customer of Bright House cable, you may have tried to tune in the Today Show this morning only to realize it wasn’t there. Or more correctly, the entire channel wasn’t there.
That’s because as of 12:01, Bright House stopped carrying the Hearst channels in Orlando. This includes WESH (the local NBC affiliate), WKCF (the local CW affiliate), Me-TV (an oldies station), This (a free movie channel) and Estrella (a Spanish station).
The carriage agreement between the stations and Bright House expired at 11:59pm yesterday, July 9. Unfortunately, the stations, and the cable provider could not reach an agreement, so none of the local Hearst stations are available to Bright House subscribers right now.
Hopefully this will get resolved soon, since the Summer Olympics are due to be aired over WESH, starting July 27. In the meantime, Bright House says they have made arrangements to carry WBRE, the NBC affiliate from Wilke-Barre, PA.
WESH and WKCF are still available for free via a digital antenna. I use this method, but for some reason, I can get WKCF, This and Estrella fine, but can’t get WESH or Me-TV.
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023
- Victory Productions Presents ‘Moonshine & Mistletoe: An Appalachian Christmas Tale’ at Garden Theatre in Winter Garden - November 7, 2023