If you are a customer of Bright House cable, you may have tried to tune in the Today Show this morning only to realize it wasn’t there. Or more correctly, the entire channel wasn’t there.
That’s because as of 12:01, Bright House stopped carrying the Hearst channels in Orlando. This includes WESH (the local NBC affiliate), WKCF (the local CW affiliate), Me-TV (an oldies station), This (a free movie channel) and Estrella (a Spanish station).
The carriage agreement between the stations and Bright House expired at 11:59pm yesterday, July 9. Unfortunately, the stations, and the cable provider could not reach an agreement, so none of the local Hearst stations are available to Bright House subscribers right now.
Hopefully this will get resolved soon, since the Summer Olympics are due to be aired over WESH, starting July 27. In the meantime, Bright House says they have made arrangements to carry WBRE, the NBC affiliate from Wilke-Barre, PA.
WESH and WKCF are still available for free via a digital antenna. I use this method, but for some reason, I can get WKCF, This and Estrella fine, but can’t get WESH or Me-TV.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando 2023: What You Need to Know - March 16, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023