We already announced that Halloween Horror Nights XXII will be taking on the Silent Hill franchise. Now comes word that “The Walking Dead” will also be invading Universal Studios Orlando for the annual event.
The hit AMC television series is loosely based on the comics of the same name, and involves a plot where the entire world seems to be taken over by “walkers” – another name for zombies. The series tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It’s seen from the perspective of a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home.
The premise behind this HHNXXII haunted maze is described on the event’s website as:
There is strength in numbers and you must band together to make it through many of the iconic settings made famous by the critically-acclaimed AMC hit, “The Walking Dead.” As the city is crawling with hordes of walkers, the issue of your becoming one of them is not a question of if, but when.
The haunted maze will feature elaborately designed, movie-quality sets that include some of the most iconic locations and scenes from the show. Meanwhile, hordes of undead walkers will bring to life the vicious, hungry, zombies from the show.
I am a big fan of the series and can’t wait to see how Universal brings it to life at the theme park.
Halloween Horror Nights is an after-hours, separate-ticket event. It takes over the entire Universal Studios Orlando theme park with haunted-house mazes, shows and scare zones. It operates 25 select nights from Sept. 21 to Oct. 31, 2012.
Tickets are on sale online at www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com/orlando.
The incorporation of “The Walking Dead” coincides with the upcoming season three, which is due to start airing on AMC on October 14, 2012.
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023