We already announced that Halloween Horror Nights XXII will be taking on the Silent Hill franchise. Now comes word that “The Walking Dead” will also be invading Universal Studios Orlando for the annual event.
The hit AMC television series is loosely based on the comics of the same name, and involves a plot where the entire world seems to be taken over by “walkers” – another name for zombies. The series tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It’s seen from the perspective of a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home.
The premise behind this HHNXXII haunted maze is described on the event’s website as:
There is strength in numbers and you must band together to make it through many of the iconic settings made famous by the critically-acclaimed AMC hit, “The Walking Dead.” As the city is crawling with hordes of walkers, the issue of your becoming one of them is not a question of if, but when.
The haunted maze will feature elaborately designed, movie-quality sets that include some of the most iconic locations and scenes from the show. Meanwhile, hordes of undead walkers will bring to life the vicious, hungry, zombies from the show.
I am a big fan of the series and can’t wait to see how Universal brings it to life at the theme park.
Halloween Horror Nights is an after-hours, separate-ticket event. It takes over the entire Universal Studios Orlando theme park with haunted-house mazes, shows and scare zones. It operates 25 select nights from Sept. 21 to Oct. 31, 2012.
Tickets are on sale online at www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com/orlando.
The incorporation of “The Walking Dead” coincides with the upcoming season three, which is due to start airing on AMC on October 14, 2012.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023