In the 1970’s a man named Emmett Chapman invented a musical instrument that is now known as a Chapman Stick®.
Basically, it is a large guitar-like instrument with a huge fretboard that is played upright, instead of slung across the shoulder on a strap. It’s rare to find someone who plays it, but Orlando has several that do.
Local musicians Jeremy Birdsall and Juan R. Leon will be joined by Flint Blade (another Stick player) and drummer Reed Hayes for a jam fest this Friday night (July 28).
The event will take place at Natura Coffee & Tea (12078 Collegiate Way) starting at 9pm. Birdsall says the evening will end with a Q & A and “petting zoo”, where audience members can try out the Chapman Stick® for themselves.
It’s free to attend.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023