In the 1970’s a man named Emmett Chapman invented a musical instrument that is now known as a Chapman Stick®.
Basically, it is a large guitar-like instrument with a huge fretboard that is played upright, instead of slung across the shoulder on a strap. It’s rare to find someone who plays it, but Orlando has several that do.
Local musicians Jeremy Birdsall and Juan R. Leon will be joined by Flint Blade (another Stick player) and drummer Reed Hayes for a jam fest this Friday night (July 28).
The event will take place at Natura Coffee & Tea (12078 Collegiate Way) starting at 9pm. Birdsall says the evening will end with a Q & A and “petting zoo”, where audience members can try out the Chapman Stick® for themselves.
It’s free to attend.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022