After opening last month with a splash, with a wing dedicated to the hit film Finding Nemo, Disney’s Art of Animation resort opened its second wing this month.
Dedicated to the Disney/Pixar film Cars, a freshly paved road leads guests right into the heart of Radiator Springs. And of course, when in town, all guests stay at the Cozy Cone Motel.
The family-style suites are even decorated to keep with the Cars theme, with such detailed touches as a tool chest dresser.
This area has its own pool, the Cozy Cone Pool, and the exterior decor of the buildings really do make you feel like you’ve just stepped into the movie.
Family suite rates range from $248 in value season to $425 in peak season (usually Easter and the winter holidays). It is a bit more than the average Disney value resort room, but these suites have a separate bedroom area, two bathrooms, a kitchenette, and can sleep up to six.
Disney’s Art of Animation resort still has two more wings to debut. WDW says that the Lion King wing of family suites will open August 10, 2012, followed by the Little Mermaid wing of standard rooms on September 15, 2012.
Here are some more photos of the new Cars wing, courtesy of Walt Disney World:
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022