Some parts of the Fantasyland expansion at the Magic Kingdom have already had soft openings for the guests. However there are still a lot of additions and renovations that are still being worked on.
Last week, Disney parks released a projected timeline for a few more of the Fantasyland area rides and attractions.
The next area to open will be the remainder of Storybook Circus. This will include the second half of the Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction and the Casey Jr. Splash ‘n’ Soak Station. This should be open by July 2012.
Then around the 2012 holiday season they will open most of the rest of the attractions in Fantasyland. This will include Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gaston’s Tavern (which will not serve alcohol since the Magic Kingdom is a dry park), and Ariel’s Grotto.
The final attraction to open will be the all new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a steel coaster based on the film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which won’t open until 2014.
[Images courtesy Walt Disney World]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023