Visit Orlando CEO Gary Sain passed away on Friday night after giving a speech at a fundraiser. He was 61 years old.
You may not be familiar with his name, but Swain headed up the Orlando tourism board and was the man behind the popular “Orlando Makes Me Smile” campaign.
According to officials, Sain was one of the driving forces behind making Orlando the No. 1 family destination in the world since he took over the Orlando Tourism Bureau in 2007, renaming it Visit Orlando to help attract even more tourists.
Our condolences go out to the Sain family.
- Nobu Hotel and Restaurant To Be Built Near Walt Disney World .. #NobuHotelOrlando #NobuHotels #NobuRestaurant - July 5, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2022 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - June 29, 2022
- Out and About: Tasting the New BBQ Bowls at Sonny’s BBQ .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 27, 2022
- Swamp Sistas Hold 2022 Summer Hope For Kids Fundraiser .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow #FightHunger - June 22, 2022
- Fresh Kitchen Opens New Location in Winter Garden .. #EatFreshKitchen #WinterGardenFL - June 17, 2022
- ‘Red Hot & Boom’ Returns to Altamonte Springs July 3, 2022 .. #RedHotBoom #WXXL #AltamonteSprings - June 15, 2022
- Out and About: Experiencing ‘Electric Ocean’ at SeaWorld Orlando .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ElectricOcean - June 13, 2022
- Sonny’s BBQ Introduces New Limited-Time BBQ Bowls .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 9, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Dr. Phillips Center .. #JCSTheMusical #DrPhillipsCenter #OrlandoArts #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - June 8, 2022
- Sixth Annual CommUNITY Rainbow Run and Festival Benefiting onePULSE Foundation To Be Held June 4 .. #CommUNITYRainbowRun #OnePULSE #CharityEvents - June 2, 2022