As we mentioned in an earlier story, Walt Disney World’s newest resort, Disney’s Art of Animation, is already accepting reservations and plans to open up for guests as of May 31, 2012.
The first wing to open to guests will be the Finding Nemo wing of family suites and WDW has been kind enough to release these photos of the external decor for the wing.
The first thing to notice is that unlike other value Disney resorts, there is no exterior hallway. This allows the themed decor to include huge murals on the side of the building, as you can see in the next photo.
The next photo is of the main “Big Blue” pool area, which is not only zero-entry, but is the largest pool on Disneyworld property.
I think the whole external decor looks great and very whimsical. Even if you aren’t a guest, head over for some great photo ops with the family.
The next section to open will be the Cars family wing, which Disney says will be open for reservations starting June 18. Here, a freshly paved road leads to the Cozy Cone Motel complete with a Cozy Cone pool and cone-shaped cabanas.
The Lion King wing is the last family suites wing to open, and that should start accepting reservations for dates around August 10. Its decor is a journey through an African landscape complete with an elephant graveyard play area that invites youngsters to seek hakuna matata time.
Finally, the Little Mermaid standard room wing will open for reservations starting September 15, which is decorated like an under-the-sea kingdom, complete with a 35-ft-tall model of King Triton.
In the meantime, here are a few more photos of the Finding Nemo wing:
[All images courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023