As far as Orlando cultural events go, the annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival is one of the city’s biggest. Voted “Best Festival” by the Orlando Weekly for nine consecutive years, the 2012 Festival showcases over 500 theatrical performances over a thirteen-day period, throughout ten indoor venues at Loch Haven Park.
This year’s event, which marks its 21st year, takes place from May 16 through 28.
To attend any of the performances, you must first purchase an $8 fest button. Proceeds from these buttons are what fund the festival.
Then you can attend the actual performances, which range in price from free to $11. Any money raised by individual tickets goes to the artists performing that particular show.
In addition to ticketed performances at the Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 E Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803) and Orlando Repertory Theatre (1001 E. Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803), the Orlando Fringe Festival hosts a number of interdisciplinary activities and exhibits.
Kids Fringe, held at the Mennello Museum of American Art (900 East Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803), offers free arts and theatre activities for the whole family from 10am to 4pm on the weekends. Visual Fringe is on display throughout Festival venues, and exhibit artwork is available for purchase.
Festival hours are 4pm to Midnight on weeknights, and 10am to Midnight on Saturdays and Sundays. Tickets for Festival performances can be purchased at www.OrlandoFringe.org, or during the Festival at Box Office locations in the Lowndes Shakespeare Center and the Orlando Repertory Theatre.
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2018 on October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 4, 2018
- Infinity Falls to Open at SeaWorld Orlando October 4, 2018 - October 3, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2018 - October 1, 2018
- David S. Pumpkins Returns to Madame Tussauds Orlando in October - September 30, 2018