The city of Orlando raised its taxi cab rates by 9 percent as of Monday, April 23, 2012..
The city council approved the new rates which are now a base of $2.40 for the first quarter mile (up from $2.20) and 60 cents for each additional quarter mile (up from 55 cents).
It may seem like a small amount, but it does add up. For instance, a 10-mile ride via cab will now set you back $25.80 instead of $23.65.
Technically, the rate hike only applies within the city limits, but Mears transportation, which does a lot of Orlando airport to Walt Disney World passenger trips, says it will apply the new rates throughout the area to avoid confusion.
Isn’t that nice of them?
Anyways, if you need to take a cab anywhere within the city, be prepared to fork out a bit more to do it from now on.
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022