The city of Orlando raised its taxi cab rates by 9 percent as of Monday, April 23, 2012..
The city council approved the new rates which are now a base of $2.40 for the first quarter mile (up from $2.20) and 60 cents for each additional quarter mile (up from 55 cents).
It may seem like a small amount, but it does add up. For instance, a 10-mile ride via cab will now set you back $25.80 instead of $23.65.
Technically, the rate hike only applies within the city limits, but Mears transportation, which does a lot of Orlando airport to Walt Disney World passenger trips, says it will apply the new rates throughout the area to avoid confusion.
Isn’t that nice of them?
Anyways, if you need to take a cab anywhere within the city, be prepared to fork out a bit more to do it from now on.
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023
- The Edison at Disney Springs Will Team Up With Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando for Cocktails and a Special Event - August 24, 2023