Here are some picks for major concerts and other events happening in and around Orlando during the month of April 2012:
April 5-14 – Lake County Fair – $7 for adults/$3 for kids 6-11/Free 5 and under
As we head towards summer and the heat it brings, the county fair circuit is closing up around the state. There’s still this one last hurrah in Eustis, Florida, though. Gates open at 5pm Monday through Friday; 1pm on Saturday and Sunday. Ride armbands are additional to gate admission. Check the website for daily deals and coupons.
April 10 – Aziz Ansari – UCF Arena – $5 (UCF students)/$25 (non-students)
Comedian Aziz Ansari returns to Orlando for this appearance sponsored by UCF. If you’re a student, flash your valid UCF ID at the box office to get your ticket for only $5.
April 12 – Daughtry – Hard Rock Live – $39.50-$75
The former American Idol alum is touring in support of his third chart-topping CD, Break the Spell. Safety Suit and Mike Sanchez are opening.
April 12 – Van Halen – Amway Center – $27.50 to $147
Yes, Van Halen have reformed with original vocalist David Lee Roth and not only have they released a new CD (A Different Kind of Truth), but they are touring in support. Kool & the Gang will open for the band in Orlando.
April 13 – Kevin James – Hard Rock Live – $55-$75
He’s no longer the King of Queens, but comedian Kevin James will still be bringing the funny to the Hard Rock Live on Friday the 13th.
April 14 – WJRR Earthday Birthday XIX – $58
Capping off this weekend of rock, this year’s installment of the annual Earthday Birthday will be going all day out at Tinker Fieldwith the likes of Godsmack and Staind, along with Chevelle, The Used, Theory of a Deadman, Trivium, Taproot, The Supervillains and many more.
April 14-15 – 23rd Annual Spring Fiesta in the Park – Lake Eola Park – Free
This event has plenty of fun and food for the entire family, as well as over 200 original artist and craft booths to browse and shop from. Hours are from 10am to 5pm each day.
April 17-May 13 – Broadway Across America presents Disney’s The Lion King – Bob Carr P.A.C. – $2$-70
This four week engagement of the popular Disney musical based on the hit film performs nightly Tuesdays through Sundays, with additional matinee on Saturday and Sunday. The show does not perform on Mondays.
April 18 – 27th Annual Taste of Winter Park – Winter Park Farmers Market – $40
Enjoy an evening sampling food and drink from 40 local participants and live entertainment by Johnny Mag Sax.
April 19 – The Gipsy Kings – Hard Rock Live – $37.50-$75
This Grammy-award winning Latin fusion band is always a treat to see live. They have entertained crowds worldwide for several decades.
April 27-29 – Festival of Chocolate – UCF Arena – $15 adult/$9 kids
It’s all about chocolate at this annual Orlando event. Enjoy demostrations, competitions, samples for sale and more. If you like chocolate, even just a little, you’ll definitely want to check this out.
April 28 – Bill Maher – King Center in Melbourne -$35
It’s a bit of a drive from Orlando but it’s worth the effort if you enjoy good observational political commentary and comedy,
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022