If you have an interest in storm chasing, you might want to check out the new film that will be showing at the Orlando Science Center starting March 24, 2012.
Storm Chasers star Sean Casey and the researchers of VORTEX 2 have put together 45-minute film called Tornado Alley that looks to answer questions about these natural forces of destruction.
Our family blogger Carol Garreans attended one this week’s sneak previews with her husband and young son and shared her opinions of the film:
We were recently blessed with a sneak peek preview of the film “Tornado Alley” at the Orlando Science Center. We took our 4 yr old son to see it. He enjoyed it, but it did get slow at times for him and it was a bit long. I think the length is better suited to a bit older kids, but our son did manage to get through it.
Out of 5 stars, I would give this film about 2.5. My husband and I came away with the same opinion of this film. I apologize for being blunt, but this film seemed to be self serving on the directors (and main character in the film) part. There was minimal science in it and it was almost added as an after thought. The more I have thought about this film, the I feel that it was more about self promotion, and less about the research. The other research team in the film was portrayed as a “competing” team instead of fellow researchers. I was left with the impression that the main featured researcher and film maker was more concerned about getting “the shot”. And if that was his goal, he did accomplish it.
So there you go.
Admission to the film is included in general admission to the Orlando Science Center, which is $17 for adults/$12 for children. Add another $5 for the parking garage.
The Orlando Science center is located at 777 E. Princeton Street and you can call toll free at 888.OSC.4FUN for more info on this event or any other OSC event.
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023