If you have an interest in storm chasing, you might want to check out the new film that will be showing at the Orlando Science Center starting March 24, 2012.
Storm Chasers star Sean Casey and the researchers of VORTEX 2 have put together 45-minute film called Tornado Alley that looks to answer questions about these natural forces of destruction.
Our family blogger Carol Garreans attended one this week’s sneak previews with her husband and young son and shared her opinions of the film:
We were recently blessed with a sneak peek preview of the film “Tornado Alley” at the Orlando Science Center. We took our 4 yr old son to see it. He enjoyed it, but it did get slow at times for him and it was a bit long. I think the length is better suited to a bit older kids, but our son did manage to get through it.
Out of 5 stars, I would give this film about 2.5. My husband and I came away with the same opinion of this film. I apologize for being blunt, but this film seemed to be self serving on the directors (and main character in the film) part. There was minimal science in it and it was almost added as an after thought. The more I have thought about this film, the I feel that it was more about self promotion, and less about the research. The other research team in the film was portrayed as a “competing” team instead of fellow researchers. I was left with the impression that the main featured researcher and film maker was more concerned about getting “the shot”. And if that was his goal, he did accomplish it.
So there you go.
Admission to the film is included in general admission to the Orlando Science Center, which is $17 for adults/$12 for children. Add another $5 for the parking garage.
The Orlando Science center is located at 777 E. Princeton Street and you can call toll free at 888.OSC.4FUN for more info on this event or any other OSC event.
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney on Broadway Concert from Epcot Jan 25, 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #Disney - January 25, 2020
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare To Celebrate Chinese New Year Jan 25, 2020 .. #EatatHawkers - January 24, 2020
- First Look at ‘Harmonious’ Coming Epcot in 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot - January 24, 2020
- ICON Park to Host Free Pro-Football Fan Nights Jan 24-25, 2020 .. @IconParkOrlando - January 23, 2020
- Space 220 Restaurant to Open Soon at Epcot - January 22, 2020
- Lucky’s Market to Close Nearly All Central Florida Stores by February 2020 .. @LuckysMarket - January 21, 2020
- Poo-Pourri Giant Poo Experience Tour to Make Orlando Stop January 24-26, 2020 .. @PooPourri - January 21, 2020
- 2020 AMP’d Series Showcases Local Talent at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr - January 20, 2020
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends In January and February 2020 .. #BuiltForKids @LegolandFlorida - January 19, 2020
- Disney’s ALADDIN Tour Members To Host ‘SONGS FROM A WHOLE NEW WORLD’ Benefit on Jan 27, 2020 .. @aladdin - January 18, 2020