If you have an interest in storm chasing, you might want to check out the new film that will be showing at the Orlando Science Center starting March 24, 2012.
Storm Chasers star Sean Casey and the researchers of VORTEX 2 have put together 45-minute film called Tornado Alley that looks to answer questions about these natural forces of destruction.
Our family blogger Carol Garreans attended one this week’s sneak previews with her husband and young son and shared her opinions of the film:
We were recently blessed with a sneak peek preview of the film “Tornado Alley” at the Orlando Science Center. We took our 4 yr old son to see it. He enjoyed it, but it did get slow at times for him and it was a bit long. I think the length is better suited to a bit older kids, but our son did manage to get through it.
Out of 5 stars, I would give this film about 2.5. My husband and I came away with the same opinion of this film. I apologize for being blunt, but this film seemed to be self serving on the directors (and main character in the film) part. There was minimal science in it and it was almost added as an after thought. The more I have thought about this film, the I feel that it was more about self promotion, and less about the research. The other research team in the film was portrayed as a “competing” team instead of fellow researchers. I was left with the impression that the main featured researcher and film maker was more concerned about getting “the shot”. And if that was his goal, he did accomplish it.
So there you go.
Admission to the film is included in general admission to the Orlando Science Center, which is $17 for adults/$12 for children. Add another $5 for the parking garage.
The Orlando Science center is located at 777 E. Princeton Street and you can call toll free at 888.OSC.4FUN for more info on this event or any other OSC event.
- Walt Disney World To Cut Theme Park Hours Starting in September .. #WaltDisneyWorld - August 11, 2020
- Enchanted Fairy Doors Returns to Harry P. Leu Gardens … #LeuGardens #FairyDoors - August 10, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020