If your family has any budding paleontologists, you’ll want to mark your calendar for March 17, 2012. This is when Fossil Fest returns to the Orlando Science Center for its sixth year.
There will be presentations from fossil experts, bones on display and more. Peter L. Larson, founder and president of Black Hills Institute of Geological Research, Inc. located in South Dakota, will appear via Skype as he conducts a seminar on extinction theories for the K-T extinction – the one that killed the dinosaurs about 65 million years ago.
The event takes place from 11am to 4pm, and is included with general admission to the Orlando Science Center. Admission is priced at $17 for adults and $12 for kids (ages 3-11). For more information, please call 407.514.2000 or visit www.osc.org.
[Photo courtesy Orlando Science Center]
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022