If your family has any budding paleontologists, you’ll want to mark your calendar for March 17, 2012. This is when Fossil Fest returns to the Orlando Science Center for its sixth year.
There will be presentations from fossil experts, bones on display and more. Peter L. Larson, founder and president of Black Hills Institute of Geological Research, Inc. located in South Dakota, will appear via Skype as he conducts a seminar on extinction theories for the K-T extinction – the one that killed the dinosaurs about 65 million years ago.
The event takes place from 11am to 4pm, and is included with general admission to the Orlando Science Center. Admission is priced at $17 for adults and $12 for kids (ages 3-11). For more information, please call 407.514.2000 or visit www.osc.org.
[Photo courtesy Orlando Science Center]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando 2023: What You Need to Know - March 16, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023