One of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World’s Epcot will be closing this spring for a few months of updating.
Test Track at Epcot will be closing in April 2012 for what Disney is calling a “re-imagineering” of the ride.
First, the full name of the ride will be changing from GM Test Track at Epcot to Test Track Presented by Chevrolet.
The entrance queue and the exit area are both going to receiving a remodel that incorporates the ride’s sponsor, Chevrolet, in a more prominent way. There will be interactive design and styling workstations at which you will be able to create custom concept vehicles. Also included will be a “SimCar” ride vehicle experience where you can put your design through its paces on the Test Track circuit.
The post-show area will still be a showroom for the latest Chevy models.
I’m hoping they make the ride seats a little wider and comfortable, too.
They don’t have an exact date for the ride to reopen, except to say their projected timeframe is fall 2012. So if you were hoping to ride it during a visit this summer, it won’t be open.
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023
- The Edison at Disney Springs Will Team Up With Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando for Cocktails and a Special Event - August 24, 2023