We have had a hard time finding decent Mexican food here in South Orlando, so we were pleased to see that Habaneros Mexican Grill had moved in where the old Village Inn used to be.
We ordered kids meals for my 3 and 6 year old, and they loved the chicken fingers and quesadilla. My daughter also got an enchilada, but it was not much more than ground beef wrapped in a tortilla, covered with chili sauce… needed some more flavoring and perhaps some sauce inside the meat mixture.
My husband, Kirk, got the chicken soup, which was VERY tasty and just what he had hoped it would be – in addition to a side tamale, which was good, but nothing extraordinary.
I got the fried chimichangas, one each beef and chicken, and they both were very flavorful. I especially liked the chicken seasoning.
I ordered a sangria, which was decent, and Kirk’s margarita was also acceptable, without being too fancy. The kids appreciated that they had horchata, one of their favorite drinks.
Overall, we were very pleased with the meal, and the service was good as well. We will be back! We would give it 4 out of 5 stars.
This review is for the Hunters Creek location. They have several other locations in Orlando, all listed on their website.
- Out and About: Monster Jam is Coming to Orlando Jan 20 and We Previewed It In Tampa - January 16, 2018
- Out and About: Marvel Universe LIVE! Age of Heroes at the Amway Center is Fun For the Whole Family - January 13, 2018
- New #Wawa Opens on Central Florida Parkway in Orlando - December 14, 2017
- Out and About: Christmas Bricktacular Returns to LEGOland Florida! - December 8, 2017
- Out and About: Zarrella’s Italian & Wood Fired Pizza in Cape Canaveral - June 11, 2017
- Out and About: 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo is Fun for the Whole Family - June 8, 2017
- Out and About: Universal Orlando Celebrates Holidays with Macy’s Parade and Grinchmas - December 27, 2016
- Out and About: Disney on Ice Follow Your Heart is Fun for the Whole Family! - September 5, 2016
- Out and About: House of Pho Opens in Orlando - August 14, 2016
- Out and About: A Dining Review of Pincho Factory in Dr Phillips - April 18, 2016