For those who’ve never been there, the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando has an almost monthly concert series called Velvet Sessions. They bring in classic pop and rock bands to play for the evening and have a pre-show with free cocktails and such.
Well, if you’ve always wanted to check out a Velvet Sessions show, but weren’t sure if you wanted to pay the $30 or so for a ticket, you might want to check out the show this week.
It’s a bit of a twist called “Acoustic Sessions” and instead of a full band, it features a musician or band in an unplugged-style concert.
Kevn Kinney will be the acoustic artist for November 2011. Kinney originally struck fame as the lead vocalist and guitarist for southern rock band Drivin N Cryin in the early 90s. He has since been earning a living as a solo artist, with several albums to his credits.
In addition to being a stripped down version of the normal Velvet Session concert (but no less fun), this show differs because it’s completely free, as long as you don’t mind standing in the back. Of course, because it’s free, drinks won’t be, but there will be cash bars and cocktail service for the evening, and discounted self-parking at the hotel.
There are also tables available, if you want reserved seating. $40 will cover a table for two and $60 will cover a table for four. Reserved tables include complimentary first round of drinks (house wine, house liquor, domestic draft or soda) and complimentary valet or self parking.
The show takes place Wednesday, November 23, 2011, starting at 8pm. For reservations and more information, call 407-503-2402.
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023
- The Edison at Disney Springs Will Team Up With Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando for Cocktails and a Special Event - August 24, 2023