One of my favorite things about the holidays in Central Florida (other than no snow!) is that it’s cool enough outside to enjoy outdoor activities but not too cold to be outside.
I also love that many of the local communities celebrate the holidays with outdoor events like parades and such. One of these is the upcoming Avalon Aglow in downtown Avalon Park area of town (East Orlando, 5 miles south of th 408 Expressway on Alafaya Trail).
This will be the tenth year of Avalon Aglow and it will feature amusement rides, live music, food and drink for purchase and more. Highlights of the event will be the Holiday Parade at 3pm with Santa Claus, and the winter fireworks extravaganza at 9pm.
Toys for Tots will also be at the event collecting new unwrapped toys valued at $10 or more for children. Everyone who donates a toy or $10 will be entered into a raffle to win prizes.
Avalon Aglow takes place December 3, 2011, in downtown Avalon Park, and is free for all to attend. This is a great way to spend the day with the family.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022