One of my favorite things about the holidays in Central Florida (other than no snow!) is that it’s cool enough outside to enjoy outdoor activities but not too cold to be outside.
I also love that many of the local communities celebrate the holidays with outdoor events like parades and such. One of these is the upcoming Avalon Aglow in downtown Avalon Park area of town (East Orlando, 5 miles south of th 408 Expressway on Alafaya Trail).
This will be the tenth year of Avalon Aglow and it will feature amusement rides, live music, food and drink for purchase and more. Highlights of the event will be the Holiday Parade at 3pm with Santa Claus, and the winter fireworks extravaganza at 9pm.
Toys for Tots will also be at the event collecting new unwrapped toys valued at $10 or more for children. Everyone who donates a toy or $10 will be entered into a raffle to win prizes.
Avalon Aglow takes place December 3, 2011, in downtown Avalon Park, and is free for all to attend. This is a great way to spend the day with the family.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023