For those who’ve never been there, the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando has an almost monthly concert series called Velvet Sessions. They bring in classic pop and rock bands to play for the evening and have a pre-show with free cocktails and such.
Well, if you’ve always wanted to check out a Velvet Sessions show, but weren’t sure if you wanted to pay the $30 or so for a ticket, you might want to check out the show this week.
It’s a bit of a twist called “Acoustic Sessions” and instead of a full band, it features a musician or band in an unplugged-style concert.
Kip Winger will be the acoustic artist for September 2011. Those of you old enough might remember him as the lead singer/bassist for his self-monikered band Winger. They had many hits in the late 80s, including “Seventeen” and “Miles Away.” Kip has also put out his own solo CDs, as well as guested on other artist’s releases and even written classical pieces for ballet.
In addition to being a stripped down version of the normal Velvet Session concert (but no less fun), this show differs because it’s completely free, as long as you don’t mind standing in the back. Of course, because it’s free, drinks won’t be, but there will be cash bars and cocktail service for the evening, and discounted self-parking at the hotel.
There are also tables available, if you want reserved seating. $40 will cover a table for two and $60 will cover a table for four. Reserved tables include complimentary first round of drinks (house wine, house liquor, domestic draft or soda) and complimentary valet or self parking.
The show takes place Friday, September 2, 2011, starting at 8:30pm. For reservations and more information, call 407-503-2402.
Here’s a video from Kip Winger of a song called “How Far Will We Go” to tide you over until the show:
- Creative City Presents ‘Bright Young Things’ Starting October 2 .. #CreativeCity #OrlandoArts - September 29, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 28, 2020: Pie-Fection, Git-N-Messy BBQ, Papa Llama, Chicken Fire, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 28, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020