For those who’ve never been there, the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando has an almost monthly concert series called Velvet Sessions. They bring in classic pop and rock bands to play for the evening and have a pre-show with free cocktails and such.
Well, if you’ve always wanted to check out a Velvet Sessions show, but weren’t sure if you wanted to pay the $30 or so for a ticket, you might want to check out the show this week.
It’s a bit of a twist called “Acoustic Sessions” and instead of a full band, it features a musician or band in an unplugged-style concert.
Kip Winger will be the acoustic artist for September 2011. Those of you old enough might remember him as the lead singer/bassist for his self-monikered band Winger. They had many hits in the late 80s, including “Seventeen” and “Miles Away.” Kip has also put out his own solo CDs, as well as guested on other artist’s releases and even written classical pieces for ballet.
In addition to being a stripped down version of the normal Velvet Session concert (but no less fun), this show differs because it’s completely free, as long as you don’t mind standing in the back. Of course, because it’s free, drinks won’t be, but there will be cash bars and cocktail service for the evening, and discounted self-parking at the hotel.
There are also tables available, if you want reserved seating. $40 will cover a table for two and $60 will cover a table for four. Reserved tables include complimentary first round of drinks (house wine, house liquor, domestic draft or soda) and complimentary valet or self parking.
The show takes place Friday, September 2, 2011, starting at 8:30pm. For reservations and more information, call 407-503-2402.
Here’s a video from Kip Winger of a song called “How Far Will We Go” to tide you over until the show:
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023