For those who’ve never been there, the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando has an almost monthly concert series called Velvet Sessions. They bring in classic pop and rock bands to play for the evening and have a pre-show with free cocktails and such.
Well, if you’ve always wanted to check out a Velvet Sessions show, but weren’t sure if you wanted to pay the $30 or so for a ticket, you might want to check out the show this week.
It’s a bit of a twist called “Acoustic Sessions” and instead of a full band, it features a musician or band in an unplugged-style concert.
Kip Winger will be the acoustic artist for September 2011. Those of you old enough might remember him as the lead singer/bassist for his self-monikered band Winger. They had many hits in the late 80s, including “Seventeen” and “Miles Away.” Kip has also put out his own solo CDs, as well as guested on other artist’s releases and even written classical pieces for ballet.
In addition to being a stripped down version of the normal Velvet Session concert (but no less fun), this show differs because it’s completely free, as long as you don’t mind standing in the back. Of course, because it’s free, drinks won’t be, but there will be cash bars and cocktail service for the evening, and discounted self-parking at the hotel.
There are also tables available, if you want reserved seating. $40 will cover a table for two and $60 will cover a table for four. Reserved tables include complimentary first round of drinks (house wine, house liquor, domestic draft or soda) and complimentary valet or self parking.
The show takes place Friday, September 2, 2011, starting at 8:30pm. For reservations and more information, call 407-503-2402.
Here’s a video from Kip Winger of a song called “How Far Will We Go” to tide you over until the show:
- Orlando Shakes Presents ‘The Three Musketeers’ February 5 – March 22, 2020 .. @OrlandoShakes #Orlandoarts - January 28, 2020
- Aloma Bowl to Host Karaoke Idol Second Season Starting Jan 31 .. @Aloma_Bowl #karaoke - January 27, 2020
- Universal Orlando Mardi Gras 2020 Kicks Off Feb 1 With Parades, Live Concerts, and More .. @UniversalOrlando #MardiGras - January 26, 2020
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney on Broadway Concert from Epcot Jan 25, 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #Disney - January 25, 2020
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare To Celebrate Chinese New Year Jan 25, 2020 .. #EatatHawkers - January 24, 2020
- First Look at ‘Harmonious’ Coming Epcot in 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot - January 24, 2020
- ICON Park to Host Free Pro-Football Fan Nights Jan 24-25, 2020 .. @IconParkOrlando - January 23, 2020
- Space 220 Restaurant to Open Soon at Epcot - January 22, 2020
- Lucky’s Market to Close Nearly All Central Florida Stores by February 2020 .. @LuckysMarket - January 21, 2020
- Poo-Pourri Giant Poo Experience Tour to Make Orlando Stop January 24-26, 2020 .. @PooPourri - January 21, 2020