Musician Chris Belt is attempting to put on a festival featuring local musicians and composers. But he wants this festival to cover music normally overlooked – classical, jazz, electronic and even stuff that’s hard to classify.
The Accidental Music Festival will take place over ten days, September 4-13, 2011, and will feature a variety of events in addition to great concerts. The festival will be held at Urban ReThink and Timucua concert hall, and would be free to attend.
However, Belt needs financial help to pull this off and has set up a Kickstarter account looking for donations. He’s trying to raise $6000 and a pledge of even $1 will help. There are donation levels and each level gets something for the person pledging the donation. All the money goes to musicians and equipment rental.
As of today’s post, the Kickstarter account is almost 50% funded, so even $1 from you will help make their goal.
There’s also an art auction on Thursday, August 11, 2011, at 6:30pm at Urban ReThink to help raise funds. If you’d like to donate art for the cause, I’m told the artist gets up to 80% of whatever the item is auctioned for, with the remaining 20% going towards the festival.
This is a great chance to support the local Orlando arts scene and help bring this unique music festival to life.
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023