I’ve always told my friends that I thought Orlando was a place that needed a huge rock festival.
Oh, sure, we have the Florida Music Festival, which is great for checking out a bunch of indie and local musicians. And we do get traveling shows like the Warped Tour that roll on through.
But we’ve never really had an event on par with Coachella or Lollapalooza…until now.
In a press conference today, July 21, 2011, Melvin Benn, CEO of Festival Republic, stood with Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer and announced Orlando Calling, a two-day music festival to be held on the grounds of the Florida Citrus Bowl.
You may never have heard of Festival Republic, but they’re no fly-by-night company. As the company behind the hugely successful European festivals like Glastonbury and Reading in the UK, they have the experience and connections to make this happen.
Orlando Calling will be held over the weekend of November 12 & 13, 2011. It will feature four stages each day of big name talent like The Killers, The Raconteurs, Pixies, The Roots, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Kid Rock, Blake Shelton and more. The full listing (as of now) can be seen in the poster to the right.
Tickets are rather reasonable for this fest. If you buy prior to September 01, 2011, regular tickets are $80 per day or $145 per weekend pass. VIP tickets, which include the admission plus a VIP area, unlimited beverages and more, start at $165 per day or $285 for the weekend. After September 01, the prices go up about $20 per ticket option.
For more information on the fest, visit the website at OrlandoCalling.com.
- Nobu Hotel and Restaurant To Be Built Near Walt Disney World .. #NobuHotelOrlando #NobuHotels #NobuRestaurant - July 5, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2022 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - June 29, 2022
- Out and About: Tasting the New BBQ Bowls at Sonny’s BBQ .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 27, 2022
- Swamp Sistas Hold 2022 Summer Hope For Kids Fundraiser .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow #FightHunger - June 22, 2022
- Fresh Kitchen Opens New Location in Winter Garden .. #EatFreshKitchen #WinterGardenFL - June 17, 2022
- ‘Red Hot & Boom’ Returns to Altamonte Springs July 3, 2022 .. #RedHotBoom #WXXL #AltamonteSprings - June 15, 2022
- Out and About: Experiencing ‘Electric Ocean’ at SeaWorld Orlando .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ElectricOcean - June 13, 2022
- Sonny’s BBQ Introduces New Limited-Time BBQ Bowls .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 9, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Dr. Phillips Center .. #JCSTheMusical #DrPhillipsCenter #OrlandoArts #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - June 8, 2022
- Sixth Annual CommUNITY Rainbow Run and Festival Benefiting onePULSE Foundation To Be Held June 4 .. #CommUNITYRainbowRun #OnePULSE #CharityEvents - June 2, 2022