I’ve always told my friends that I thought Orlando was a place that needed a huge rock festival.
Oh, sure, we have the Florida Music Festival, which is great for checking out a bunch of indie and local musicians. And we do get traveling shows like the Warped Tour that roll on through.
But we’ve never really had an event on par with Coachella or Lollapalooza…until now.
In a press conference today, July 21, 2011, Melvin Benn, CEO of Festival Republic, stood with Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer and announced Orlando Calling, a two-day music festival to be held on the grounds of the Florida Citrus Bowl.
You may never have heard of Festival Republic, but they’re no fly-by-night company. As the company behind the hugely successful European festivals like Glastonbury and Reading in the UK, they have the experience and connections to make this happen.
Orlando Calling will be held over the weekend of November 12 & 13, 2011. It will feature four stages each day of big name talent like The Killers, The Raconteurs, Pixies, The Roots, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Kid Rock, Blake Shelton and more. The full listing (as of now) can be seen in the poster to the right.
Tickets are rather reasonable for this fest. If you buy prior to September 01, 2011, regular tickets are $80 per day or $145 per weekend pass. VIP tickets, which include the admission plus a VIP area, unlimited beverages and more, start at $165 per day or $285 for the weekend. After September 01, the prices go up about $20 per ticket option.
For more information on the fest, visit the website at OrlandoCalling.com.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 12, 2020: Florida Bars Reopen, MX Taco, The Monroe Orlando, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 12, 2020
- Orlando Shakes Hosts Free Online Preview of PlayFest 2020 on Sept 12 .. @OrlandoShakes #OrlandoArts - September 10, 2020
- Cannes Short Film Festival to Screen Orlando Ballet Documentary Starting Sept 13 .. @OrlandoBallet #OrlandoArts - September 9, 2020
- Orlando Main Streets Launches ‘Local Orlando’ Visitors’ Guide .. @OrlMainStreets - September 7, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Admission for Florida K-12 Teachers Through August 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #TeacherDiscounts - September 6, 2020
- Teak Neighborhood Grill Hosts 2nd Annual “Burger World Tour” with $5 Burgers .. @TeakOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants #Burgers - September 5, 2020
- Orlando Magic Team Up with City of Orlando to Turn Amway Center Into Early Voting Center and Mail Ballot Drop-Off Location .. @CityBeautiful @AmwayCenter @OrlandoMagic #Voting - September 3, 2020