I’ve always told my friends that I thought Orlando was a place that needed a huge rock festival.
Oh, sure, we have the Florida Music Festival, which is great for checking out a bunch of indie and local musicians. And we do get traveling shows like the Warped Tour that roll on through.
But we’ve never really had an event on par with Coachella or Lollapalooza…until now.
In a press conference today, July 21, 2011, Melvin Benn, CEO of Festival Republic, stood with Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer and announced Orlando Calling, a two-day music festival to be held on the grounds of the Florida Citrus Bowl.
You may never have heard of Festival Republic, but they’re no fly-by-night company. As the company behind the hugely successful European festivals like Glastonbury and Reading in the UK, they have the experience and connections to make this happen.
Orlando Calling will be held over the weekend of November 12 & 13, 2011. It will feature four stages each day of big name talent like The Killers, The Raconteurs, Pixies, The Roots, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Kid Rock, Blake Shelton and more. The full listing (as of now) can be seen in the poster to the right.
Tickets are rather reasonable for this fest. If you buy prior to September 01, 2011, regular tickets are $80 per day or $145 per weekend pass. VIP tickets, which include the admission plus a VIP area, unlimited beverages and more, start at $165 per day or $285 for the weekend. After September 01, the prices go up about $20 per ticket option.
For more information on the fest, visit the website at OrlandoCalling.com.
- Christian Music Fest ‘Rock The Universe’ Returns to Universal Orlando Jan 24-25, 2020 .. #RocktheUniverse @UniversalOrlando - January 17, 2020
- Central Florida Fair to Add New Livestock and Event Pavilion .. @CentralFLFair - January 17, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the Orlando Returns of ‘Hamilton’ and ‘Wicked’ .. #OrlandoBroadwaySeries @DrPhillipsCtr @HamiltonMusical @WICKED_Musical #FAIRWINDSBway - January 16, 2020
- Frontier Airlines Announces Plans for OIA Maintenance Hangar and Opens Training Facility in Orlando .. @FlyFrontier @MCO - January 16, 2020
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2020 Events in Central Florida .. #MLK2020 #MLKDay - January 15, 2020
- Blake Shelton’s Ole Red Orlando Restaurant to Open at ICON Park in April 2020 .. @OleRedOrlando @BlakeShelton - January 15, 2020
- Three New Film Experiences Coming to Epcot January 17, 2020 .. #Epcot @WaltDisneyWorld - January 14, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces New Executive Director .. @OrlandoPhilOrch - January 14, 2020
- Jesse Cook Returns to Orlando with Show at Plaza Live on Jan 19, 2020 .. @JesseCookHQ @LivePlaza - January 13, 2020
- Thomas’® Bagels Celebrates National Bagel Day Jan 15th with Orlando Pop-Up at Lynx Central Station .. #ThomasBagels #NationalBagelDay @lynxbusorlando - January 13, 2020