Tucked away in a corner of Phillips Crossing (where Whole Foods Market is located) in Dr. Phillips is a new-ish eatery that serves up tasty Tex-Mex, relatively fast, at prices that won’t give you sticker shock.
That place is Lime’s Mexican Grill and both times I’ve visited, I’ve enjoyed my meal.
While Lime’s is a sit-down eatery, it follows more of a cantina-style way of ordering. You line up at the register, order from the menu, pay, and then within 10 or 15 minutes, they bring out your order to your table.
I had the queso burrito with chicken ($7.99), which was a two-hand sized item stuffed with grilled chicken, beans, rice, jalapenos and melted queso cheese. You can also have it with ground seasoned beef or for $1.50 more, grilled steak. My roommate had the steak version, and we both enjoyed the burritos. My other friend, Carol, had the tortilla soup ($3.99), which had a tomato-based broth, and declared it one of the best versions of the soup she’s had. She also had a single ground beef taco ($3), which she enjoyed.
One thing I really liked about Lime’s Mexican Grill was the hot sauce bar, which had at least 30 bottles of hot sauce, from sweet and mild to peel the lining off the roof of your mouth hot. The restaurant also has four flavors of its own brand of hot sauce. I particularly enjoyed the garlic-habanero one.
The second is the salsa bar. Again, offerings included both mild and hot flavors, as well as a black bean & corn version and a pico de gallo. Since all of our dishes were served with chips, we had a chance to try most of the salsas, and a good deal of the hot sauces.
We decided to forgo alcoholic drinks, but they do have frozen margaritas (regular flavor) and frozen sangria, along with beer and mini-bottles of wine. I should also mention they do have a Monday through Friday happy hour, from 4pm-7pm, where beer and the frozen drinks are discounted between $2.50 to $4.
Speaking of discounts, be sure to check in on Foursquare, as there are sometimes dining deals when ordering.
So far, the only thing I haven’t liked is the seating. There are a few booths, but most of the interior seating is bar tables with stools that I have to climb up into, due the fact I have short legs. There are some regular restaurant tables, but they’re mostly outside.
Other than that, I enjoyed eating here and would do so again. Check it out if you’re in the neighborhood.
- Win a Barnie’s Coffee & Tea Santa’s White Christmas Prize Pack! .. @BarniesCoffee #giveaway - December 15, 2019
- WRESTLEMANIA® Week 2020 Events at Amalie Arena in Tampa Go Onsale Today .. @WWE @AmalieArena #Wrestlemania - December 13, 2019
- Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe, Poison and Joan Jett & The Black Hearts Bring Summer 2020 Tour to Camping World Stadium in Orlando .. @CWStadium @DefLeppard @MotleyCrue @Poison @JoanJett - December 12, 2019
- 2019 Hearthstone Collegiate Championship Fall Finals To Be Held At The Fortress At Full Sail University Dec 14 .. @FullSail @Blizzard_Ent - December 11, 2019
- Orlando Shakes presents ‘Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley’ Through Dec 29 .. @OrlandoShakes - December 11, 2019
- Tony Roma’s Hosts ‘Toys for Tots Toy Drive & Mixer’ Dec 13 .. @TonyRomas #ToysForTots - December 10, 2019
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays 2019 Food and Drink Guide .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #Disney #Foodies - December 10, 2019
- Amazon Prime Video To Promote ‘The Aeronauts’ With Free Victorian Fair in Orlando Dec 13 .. @TheAeronautsMov @PrimeVideo - December 9, 2019
- Celebrate the ‘Songs of the Season’ at Dr. Phillips Center for Free on Dec. 12 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - December 8, 2019
- Orlando Story Club Presents “Best Of 2019” at The Abbey on Dec 11 .. @OrlandoStoryClub - December 6, 2019