You may never have heard of Ricky Powell, but you’ve probably seen his work.
As a young photographer in the 80s, he managed to talk his way into a spot as a tour photographer for up-and-coming rap groups like Beastie Boys, Run DMC, LL Cool J and more. His work started appearing in a slew of newspapers and magazines ranging from the New York Times to the Village Voice.
Well, starting July 30, 2011, an exhibit of his photographs goes on display at Mother Falcon Clothing in Thornton Park, and Powell will be in attendance. All images that will be on display are for sale and can also be screened onto a t-shirt (since that’s what Mother Falcon does).
The event starts at 8:30pm and will feature live entertainment by Andrew Spear, Nigel John, Francis Lt-smash Crisostomo of The Lazy Afternoon.
Mother Falcon Clothing is located at 817 E. Washington St and you can call them at 407-423-3060.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023