You may never have heard of Ricky Powell, but you’ve probably seen his work.
As a young photographer in the 80s, he managed to talk his way into a spot as a tour photographer for up-and-coming rap groups like Beastie Boys, Run DMC, LL Cool J and more. His work started appearing in a slew of newspapers and magazines ranging from the New York Times to the Village Voice.
Well, starting July 30, 2011, an exhibit of his photographs goes on display at Mother Falcon Clothing in Thornton Park, and Powell will be in attendance. All images that will be on display are for sale and can also be screened onto a t-shirt (since that’s what Mother Falcon does).
The event starts at 8:30pm and will feature live entertainment by Andrew Spear, Nigel John, Francis Lt-smash Crisostomo of The Lazy Afternoon.
Mother Falcon Clothing is located at 817 E. Washington St and you can call them at 407-423-3060.
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023