In 2002, Taking Back Sunday burst out into the music scene with their debut album, ” Tell All Your Friends.” A year later two members quit to do other projects, but the band carried on, replaced them, and released the 2004 album “Where You Want to Be.” Two years later, they debuted on a major label with their third album, “Louder Now,” followed by “New Again” in 2008.
Last year, Taking Back Sunday went back to the Tell All Your Friends line up, and recorded their fifth self-titled album, “Taking Back Sunday,” which comes out today, June 28, 2011. The band is currently streaming tracks from it at their Facebook page, and I think it sounds really good.
Of course with every album comes the tour, and Taking Back Sunday is on one (tour, that is) with guests Thursday and Colour Revolt. They will be hitting the House of Blues Orlando (at Downtown Disney) on July 8, 2011. Tickets are $27.50 in advance or $30.50 day of.
But why buy tickets when you can WIN them?
That’s right, I said WIN. Taking Back Sunday have generously given us a great prize pack to give away to one lucky reader of CitySurfing Orlando.
What’s in this prize pack? Glad you asked. That one lucky reader will win:
- Two tickets to the July 8 Taking Back Sunday House of Blues Orlando show (you have to get yourself to the show)
- A copy of the new Taking Back Sunday CD
- A Taking Back Sunday t-shirt
So, how do you enter? Easy peasy. Simply leave a comment on this post with the title of your favorite Taking Back Sunday song. You can enter once via the comments method.
Earn bonus entries by Tweeting the following phrase:
WIN Taking Back Sunday tix to July 8 House of Blues Orlando show via CitySurfing Orlando http://bit.ly/ilQnwJ #TBSHOBOrlando
You can enter as many times as you’d like via Twitter, but make sure you have the hashtag or I won’t be able to find your entry.
You have until this Sunday, July 3, 2011, at 10pm ET to enter via either method. All entries will be assigned a number and the winner will be the number picked by Random.org.
The winner will be notified via email, so make sure you use a valid email address (don’t worry, we’ll junk your email after the prize has be awarded and we don’t sell emails, either). We’ll also announce the winner here at CitySurfing Orlando and via my Twitter @zengrrl.
Good luck and remember July 3 at 10pm ET is the deadline for ALL entries.
In the meantime, enjoy this video for Taking Back Sunday’s new “This Is All Now” single.
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023