In 2002, Taking Back Sunday burst out into the music scene with their debut album, ” Tell All Your Friends.” A year later two members quit to do other projects, but the band carried on, replaced them, and released the 2004 album “Where You Want to Be.” Two years later, they debuted on a major label with their third album, “Louder Now,” followed by “New Again” in 2008.
Last year, Taking Back Sunday went back to the Tell All Your Friends line up, and recorded their fifth self-titled album, “Taking Back Sunday,” which comes out today, June 28, 2011. The band is currently streaming tracks from it at their Facebook page, and I think it sounds really good.
Of course with every album comes the tour, and Taking Back Sunday is on one (tour, that is) with guests Thursday and Colour Revolt. They will be hitting the House of Blues Orlando (at Downtown Disney) on July 8, 2011. Tickets are $27.50 in advance or $30.50 day of.
But why buy tickets when you can WIN them?
That’s right, I said WIN. Taking Back Sunday have generously given us a great prize pack to give away to one lucky reader of CitySurfing Orlando.
What’s in this prize pack? Glad you asked. That one lucky reader will win:
- Two tickets to the July 8 Taking Back Sunday House of Blues Orlando show (you have to get yourself to the show)
- A copy of the new Taking Back Sunday CD
- A Taking Back Sunday t-shirt
So, how do you enter? Easy peasy. Simply leave a comment on this post with the title of your favorite Taking Back Sunday song. You can enter once via the comments method.
Earn bonus entries by Tweeting the following phrase:
WIN Taking Back Sunday tix to July 8 House of Blues Orlando show via CitySurfing Orlando http://bit.ly/ilQnwJ #TBSHOBOrlando
You can enter as many times as you’d like via Twitter, but make sure you have the hashtag or I won’t be able to find your entry.
You have until this Sunday, July 3, 2011, at 10pm ET to enter via either method. All entries will be assigned a number and the winner will be the number picked by Random.org.
The winner will be notified via email, so make sure you use a valid email address (don’t worry, we’ll junk your email after the prize has be awarded and we don’t sell emails, either). We’ll also announce the winner here at CitySurfing Orlando and via my Twitter @zengrrl.
Good luck and remember July 3 at 10pm ET is the deadline for ALL entries.
In the meantime, enjoy this video for Taking Back Sunday’s new “This Is All Now” single.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023
12 thoughts on “Win a Taking Back Sunday Prize Pack Including Tickets to the July 8 House of Blues Orlando Show”
just got faith . like it lots .
I like “Cute without the ‘E'”. This band has a great sound.
I love the energy in Liar [It Takes One To Know One].
This Is All Now for the song structure and content.
I like “Faith (When I Let You Down)”
Cute without the ‘E’
Faith is my favorite tune!
I really like them all. Can’t pick just one.
This contest is now closed and we are drawing a winner. Thanks to everyone who entered!
Comments are closed.