He is most definitely the wizard that could, and today, Universal Orlando celebrated the one-year anniversary of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
UO kicked off the anniversary at 9:23am, the exact time the attraction opened on June 18, 2010, inside of Islands of Adventure.
After taking part in a countdown led by the Hogwarts Express conductor, guests celebrated in the streets of Hogsmeade while confetti and gold streamers fell from the sky. Guests also enjoyed complimentary Butterbeer, cauldron cakes and Chocolate Frogs.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has been incremental in bringing visitors to Universal Orlando in large numbers, and with the release of the final Harry Potter movie this summer, I expect it will continue to be a huge draw for visitors to Orlando for the rest of this year.
Have you visited the attraction? What do you think of it?
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022