He is most definitely the wizard that could, and today, Universal Orlando celebrated the one-year anniversary of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
UO kicked off the anniversary at 9:23am, the exact time the attraction opened on June 18, 2010, inside of Islands of Adventure.
After taking part in a countdown led by the Hogwarts Express conductor, guests celebrated in the streets of Hogsmeade while confetti and gold streamers fell from the sky. Guests also enjoyed complimentary Butterbeer, cauldron cakes and Chocolate Frogs.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has been incremental in bringing visitors to Universal Orlando in large numbers, and with the release of the final Harry Potter movie this summer, I expect it will continue to be a huge draw for visitors to Orlando for the rest of this year.
Have you visited the attraction? What do you think of it?
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023