Music lovers will definitely want to check out this weekend’s Shut Up & Play Festival 2011, which will celebrate instrumental music ranging from funk to jazz to rock to fusion – and even more.
It takes place at the 11/12 Lounge (which is co-presenting this event with Kavode Entertainment) on Saturday, June 25, 2011, with three stages featuring 15 bands.
The line-up is headlined by Regi Wooten Band from Nashville. Wooten is part of the famous music family that includes Grammy-winning brothers Victor and Roy.
Also on the bill are Dave LaRue Trio, Kings of Talk, Absinthe Jazz Trio, Shak Nasti, The Forefathers, Decoy Beat, Blu-Tet, Lindy Romez & Sol Y Mar, Jupiter Groove, Apocalypse Fusion Trio, Buckets & Strings and more.
The day-long event starts at 2pm at the 11/12 Lounge at 843 Lee Road in Winter Park (near the I-4 intersection), and is sponsored by Bass Central, RE/MAX TOWN CENTRE Realtor Chris Godkin, and Lyrical Lumber. In addition to the music, there will be live artists, a massage booth, raffle drawings and more.
Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door and can be purchased from participating band members, online or at the club.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023