Discovery Cove is a really unique park in Orlando in that you get to have real interaction with a lot of marine animals. You don’t just get to look in the tank, or maybe stick a hand in. You suit up and actually get to be in the water with the marine life yourself.
This week, on Friday, June 10, Discovery Cove opens up a new section, called The Grand Reef. You can wade in the shallows, snorkle deeper to see the fish or you can actually be under the water.
In a new experience to the park, guests can take park in SeaVenture, an underwater walking tour. Guests will wear dive helmets so they can walk along the deep bottom, encountering schools of fish, rays and even see lionfish and sharks (behind massive panoramic windows). Participants do not need to be scuba certified.
If you’ve never been to Discovery Cove. it’s a full-day experience where you can swim with marine life, hand-feed exotic birds, snorkle or just relax on the beach surrounding the lagoons. I’ve done it, and it’s so much fun!
Florida resident rates for a day at Discovery Cove start at $199, and includes your meals, snacks and beverages, wet suit rental and swim/snorkle gear. The price also includes a 14-day unlimited pass to Sea World, Aquatica or Busch Gardens Tampa (it must be used in conjunction with the Discovery Cove admission), and a swim experience with the dolphins.
For $50 more, you can upgrade that 14-day pass to include all three extra parks. There are also discounts for children and for visits without the dolphin interaction.
Add the new Grand Reef SeaVenture to any package for an additional $59.
For more information, or to purchase a day at the park, visit the Discovery Cove website.
- Thomas D. Jones, PhD and Captain Scott D. Altman Inducted into U. S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® at Kennedy Space Center @ExploreSpaceKSC - April 23, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup April 22, 2018: Krispy Kreme, Susuru, Little Blue Donut Co, and More - April 22, 2018
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney’s Animal Kingdom Anniversary Celebration April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Something New is Coming to Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Mamas of The NICU to Host Brunch for NICU Moms at Ace Cafe Orlando May 6, 2018 - April 20, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Seven Seas Food Festival Through April 29 - April 20, 2018
- Sunset Music Festival Returns to Tampa May 26-27, 2018 For 7th Year With Huge EDM Line-Up #SMF2018 - April 19, 2018
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Hosts Tiffins Talks Dining Events to Celebrate 20th Anniversary - April 18, 2018
- Give Kids The World Founder Henri Landwirth Passes Away #GKTW - April 18, 2018
- ‘Something Rotten!’ Comes to Dr Phillips Center April 24–29 @drphillipsctr - April 17, 2018