Anyone familiar with rock music of the 60s and 70s knows the name Roger McGuinn. Founder of the legendary band, The Byrds, McGuinn hit the charts several times with classics like “Mr. Tambourine Man” and “Turn, Turn, Turn.”
To kick off their new travelling exhibit “Guitar: the Instrument that Rocked the World,” which starts June 11, the Orlando Science Center will host a special evening with Roger McGuinn on June 10.
The event will begin at 7pm with a cocktail reception, followed by McGuinn appearing in a “storyteller” setting where he will talk about his songs and perform a select few.
McGuinn will also be honored for his contributions to the music industry by the National Guitar Museum.
Following this, guests will be allowed an early preview of the “Guitar…” exhibit before it opens to the public.
Tickets are $50 per person for An Evening with Roger McGuinn, with proceeds going to support the Orlando Science Center. Purchase tickets online, or by calling Janine Black at 407-514-2272.
The Orlando Science Center is located at 777 East Princeton Street.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023
Comments are closed.