Anyone familiar with rock music of the 60s and 70s knows the name Roger McGuinn. Founder of the legendary band, The Byrds, McGuinn hit the charts several times with classics like “Mr. Tambourine Man” and “Turn, Turn, Turn.”
To kick off their new travelling exhibit “Guitar: the Instrument that Rocked the World,” which starts June 11, the Orlando Science Center will host a special evening with Roger McGuinn on June 10.
The event will begin at 7pm with a cocktail reception, followed by McGuinn appearing in a “storyteller” setting where he will talk about his songs and perform a select few.
McGuinn will also be honored for his contributions to the music industry by the National Guitar Museum.
Following this, guests will be allowed an early preview of the “Guitar…” exhibit before it opens to the public.
Tickets are $50 per person for An Evening with Roger McGuinn, with proceeds going to support the Orlando Science Center. Purchase tickets online, or by calling Janine Black at 407-514-2272.
The Orlando Science Center is located at 777 East Princeton Street.
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023
- Victory Productions Presents ‘Moonshine & Mistletoe: An Appalachian Christmas Tale’ at Garden Theatre in Winter Garden - November 7, 2023