Travelocity recently named Orlando as the #1 destination for the upcoming Fourth of July weekend. If you’re going to be in town, here’s a list of some of the celebrations happening.
- Red, Hot and Boom takes place Sunday, July 3, at Crane’s Roost Park. This annual fireworks show is enhanced by an all-day concert presented by WXXL-fm radio. This year’s musical line-up includes Paper Tongues, Mat Kearney, Shontelle, Cody Simpson, Hot Chelle Rae and All Star Weekend. The concert starts at 4pm and the fireworks at 9:30pm, but if you want a place to sit anywhere, you’d best get there in the early am because this free show is usually attended by over 100,000 people.
- The city starts with a Fourth of July parade at 9am. The festivities resume at 5pm with Celebration Town Center’s “A Flashback 4th of July,” an 80’s-themed event featuring music from that decade played by Kattyshack and a live DJ, headlined at 8:30pm by A Flock of Seagulls. Fireworks are at 9:30pm, and the whole event is hosted by actor Justin Smith (“Vampire Diaries”; Meet the Spartans). It’s free to attend.
- The City of Orlando is hosting the annual Fireworks at the Fountain from 4pm to 10pm on July 4. There will be food, live entertainment and fun for the whole family, around Lake Eola Park, culminating with fireworks at 9:30pm.
- A special performance of the “Reflections” show featuring expanded fireworks set to patriotic music will start after dusk. Free with park admission.
- The Fourth of July celebrations will start with a sunrise hot air balloon launch at the lakefront. It will resume at noon with live entertainment, games, kids events and more. The city of St. Cloud will then launch fireworks over the lake at 9:30pm, for this day-long free event.
- On July 4, the Studios side of Universal Orlando will present the Universal360 show, starting at 9pm at the lagoon. Margaritaville’s Blue Stone Circle will also be performing from 5pm on at the Music Plaza Stage inside the park. Free with park admission.
Walt Disney World – Magic Kingdom:
- The park will present a special showing of “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” fireworks at 9pm on July 3 and July 4. Free with park admission.
Walt Disney World – Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- DHS presents “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration” with fireworks and a special light show set to live music performed by Mulch, Sweat, and Shears, starting at 9:45pm on July 4. Free with park admission.
Walt Disney World – Epcot:
- The park’s regular “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” laser light and fireworks show will be extended with “The Heartbeat of Freedom,” a special overture of traditional Americana themes, July 4, starting at 10pm. Free with park admission.
- Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party at Amway Center Sept 7-9 + Ticket Giveaway! - August 15, 2018
- Hyundai Hope On Wheels Presents Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children With $100,000 Award to Support Pediatric Cancer Research - August 14, 2018
- iHeart Radio Hosts Free Monster Jam® Triple Threat “Feast with the Beast” Zombie Bash at Ace Cafe Orlando Aug 17 - August 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup August 11, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Highball & Harvest, Foxtail Coffee, and More - August 11, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts Thrill Fest Ride Night Aug 17 @seaworld - August 9, 2018
- Geek Out at Orlando Science Center’s ‘Science Night Live’ August 18 - August 8, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Fixx Aug 23, 2018 - August 6, 2018
- Westgate Resorts Opens All-Suite Cocoa Beach Resort - August 5, 2018
- Writer’s Block Bookstore and Quantum Leap Winery Present Author Sandra Brown Aug 9 - August 3, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Offers Summer Deal on Howl-O-Scream 2018 Tickets #NowhereToHide @BuschGardens - August 2, 2018