I grew up listening to country, folk and bluegrass thanks to my gramma, and I still love a band that can really tell a story with their music.
Larkin Poe falls into that category.
Originally part of the interenationally-known band The Lovell Sisters, Rebecca and Megan Lovell toured and recorded with older sister Jessica from 2005 to 2010. The band played venues such as The Grand Ole Opry and festivals like Bonnaroo, as well as collaborated with artists like Elvis Costello.
In January 2010, Rebecca and Megan reformed as Larkin Poe, when Jessica no longer had time to be in a band. Joined by musicians, Daniel Kimbro (bass), Chad Melton (drums), and Mike Seal (electric guitar), the sisters released their debut EP, “Spring,” on February 17, 2010.
They so loved the experience, they decided to record and release three more seasonally-themed EPs in 2010 – “Summer,” “Fall” and “Winter.” They have compiled all 4 EPs into a box set called “Band for All Seasons,” and are currently touring in support of that.
This tour brings them to the BackBooth (37 West Pine St) this week, on Saturday, April 30. Tickets are only $8 in advance or $10 at the door to see this great group live.
If you’ve never heard of Larkin Poe, you can hear all 4 EPs streaming on their website or you can check out this video:
- The 28th Annual Florida Film Festival Announces Grand Jury and Audience Award Winners #FFF2019 - April 22, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Hosts Auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar National Tour on Saturday, April 20 @drphillipsctr #JesusChristSuperstar - April 18, 2019
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2019 Picks For Easter Dining And Family Fun In Orlando - April 16, 2019
- Monster Jam World Finals XX Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 10-11, 2019 #MonsterJam - April 15, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019