I know, I had you at “festival of chocolate,” didn’t I?
It’s true. The Orlando Science Center is once again dedicating a whole weekend to that luscious culinary delight known as chocolate.
This Saturday, March 5, and Sunday, March 6, The Festival of Chocolate will be returning for a second year to tempt the taste buds and brains of those attending.
Try your luck at chocolate trivia, design unique chocolate crafts, or just purchase a variety of chocolate confections to taste test.
While there’s a lot for the children to do, including learning how the cacao bean becomes the chocolate they know and love, there is plenty for adults to do, as well.
There are even chocolate classes taught by some of Orlando’s elite pastry chefs. Spots are available on a first come basis.
Of course, there’s plenty of chocolate to just eat, including truffles, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pastry, crepes, chocolate drinks and even chocolate spa treatments. Some of the best chocolatiers in Central Florida will be on hand, including Peterbrooke Chocolatier, Farris & Foster, Cupcake Crazy and Schakolad Chocolate Factory.
Entrance to The Festival of Chocolate is included with general admission to the Orlando Science Center. Admission is $17 for adults, $12 for kids ages 3-11, and free for OSC members. Hours for the festival are 10am to 7pm on Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sunday.
The Orlando Science Center is located at 777 East Princeton Street. For more information, call 407-514-2000.
Here’s a short video ad for the festival to whet your appetite:
[Brownie Photo by Ilker]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2022 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - June 29, 2022
- Out and About: Tasting the New BBQ Bowls at Sonny’s BBQ .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 27, 2022
- Swamp Sistas Hold 2022 Summer Hope For Kids Fundraiser .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow #FightHunger - June 22, 2022
- ‘Red Hot & Boom’ Returns to Altamonte Springs July 3, 2022 .. #RedHotBoom #WXXL #AltamonteSprings - June 15, 2022
- Out and About: Experiencing ‘Electric Ocean’ at SeaWorld Orlando .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ElectricOcean - June 13, 2022
- Sonny’s BBQ Introduces New Limited-Time BBQ Bowls .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 9, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Dr. Phillips Center .. #JCSTheMusical #DrPhillipsCenter #OrlandoArts #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - June 8, 2022
- Sixth Annual CommUNITY Rainbow Run and Festival Benefiting onePULSE Foundation To Be Held June 4 .. #CommUNITYRainbowRun #OnePULSE #CharityEvents - June 2, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 3, 2022 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 2, 2022
- Orlando Weekly’s Bite30 Returns Starting June 1, 2022 .. #bite30 #OrlandoDining #Foodies - May 31, 2022