Stars of several Disney Channel shows are appearing at Epcot’s International Flower & Garden Festival this weekend to help promote healthy living to kids.
They took part in filming a “Try New Foods” public service announcement for the network on Thursday (March 17) at Epcot, and will be there throughout the weekend. The guests of honor for the weekend are children ages 8-14 who are winners of a national “Disney Magic of Healthy Living” essay contest.
Disney Channel stars who will act as coaches for the weekend event are Jennifer Stone (Wizards of Waverly Place), Kenton Duty (Shake it Up), Daniel Curtis Lee (Zeke and Luther), Alyson Stoner (Phineas and Ferb, Camp Rock 2), and Caroline Sunshine (Shake It Up).
Shown filming the PSA in the photo below are Stone, Duty and Sunshine, with Chef Jens Dahlmann.
Admission to the Flower & Garden Festival is included with regular admission to Epcot. Also there this weekend are HGTV’s Kim Myles (Myles of Style) discussing the “5 DIY Secrets That Can Transform Any Space,” and musical artist Chubby Checker.
[Photo courtesy of Walt Disney World/Gene Duncan, photographer]
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022