It’s Kissimmee’s birthday and this weekend they’re throwing a huge party downtown.
The 127th annual Kowtown Festival takes place Saturday, March 19, at Toho Square in historic downtown Kissimmee. It runs from 11am to 5pm.
The Kowtown moniker comes from the fact that the city depended heavily on ranching for income from the late 1800s until Walt Disney World opened in 1971.
Enjoy live entertainment, games, arts and crafts, a hot dog eating contest and the 23rd annual Meatloaf Cook-Off.
The Kowtown Festival is free to attend and is fun for the whole family.
[photo of the 2010 Kowtown Fest courtesy of KissimmeeMainStreet.com]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023