Ever wonder about what happened in the land of Oz before Dorothy and Toto dropped in? Wicked is that story.
A winner of 35 major awards, including three Tonys and a Grammy, Wicked tells the story of two witches, who start out as friends. One is beautiful, ambitious and popular. The other, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, yet misunderstood.
The musical follows them as they grow up, grow apart, and grow into Glinda the Good and Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West.
Wicked was an immediate sensation when it debuted in 2004 on Broadway, and it continues to be a big hit. It’s based on the 1995 best-selling novel by Gregory Maguire.
As part of the Broadway Across America series, Wicked has come to Orlando for a five-week run at the Bob Carr P.A.C. in downtown Orlando.
Wicked runs until March 27, 2011, with daily shows, except for Mondays, when the show is dark. There are also afternoon matinees on Saturdays and Sundays, perfect for families.
Ticket prices range from $42 to $150 (plus tax and Ticketmaster fees). Those that feel lucky, however, can wait until the day of the show they want to see and enter the daily lottery for a chance to purchase orchestra seats at $25, cash only. Simply show up at the Bob Carr P.A.C. box office in person, two-and-a-half hours early, and enter your name. If you win, you can purchase up to two tickets at the discounted price.
Not sure if the show is for you? Check out this trailer for Wicked:
- Out and About: Walt Disney World Opens Space 220 Restaurant at EPCOT .. #Space220 #EPCOT #DisneyDining #WaltDisneyWorld - September 21, 2021
- Space 220 Restaurant Opens at EPCOT Sept 20, 2021 .. #Space220 #EPCOT #DisneyDining - September 17, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Welcomes Families to SeaWorld Spooktacular® Starting Sept 18, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HalloweenSpooktacular - September 16, 2021
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns Oct 29-30, 2021 .. #SwanandDolphin #FoodandWineClassic #OrlandoFoodies - September 15, 2021
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Until October 17, 2021 .. #VisitOrlando #MagicalDining #OrlandoRestaurants - September 14, 2021
- Out and About: Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining at JALEO at Disney Springs .. #VisitOrlando #MagicalDining #Jaleo #DisneySprings - September 13, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Craft Beer Festival Through October 31, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer - September 12, 2021
- ICON Park honors First Responders on 20th Anniversary of 9/11 .. #ICONPark #FirstResponders - September 10, 2021
- Ramen Rumble 4 Comes to Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs Sept 28, 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #RamenRumble4 - September 10, 2021
- Rib & Whiskey Menu Returns to Marlow’s Tavern Locations .. #MarlowsTavern #RibsAndWhiskey - September 9, 2021