Ever wonder about what happened in the land of Oz before Dorothy and Toto dropped in? Wicked is that story.
A winner of 35 major awards, including three Tonys and a Grammy, Wicked tells the story of two witches, who start out as friends. One is beautiful, ambitious and popular. The other, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, yet misunderstood.
The musical follows them as they grow up, grow apart, and grow into Glinda the Good and Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West.
Wicked was an immediate sensation when it debuted in 2004 on Broadway, and it continues to be a big hit. It’s based on the 1995 best-selling novel by Gregory Maguire.
As part of the Broadway Across America series, Wicked has come to Orlando for a five-week run at the Bob Carr P.A.C. in downtown Orlando.
Wicked runs until March 27, 2011, with daily shows, except for Mondays, when the show is dark. There are also afternoon matinees on Saturdays and Sundays, perfect for families.
Ticket prices range from $42 to $150 (plus tax and Ticketmaster fees). Those that feel lucky, however, can wait until the day of the show they want to see and enter the daily lottery for a chance to purchase orchestra seats at $25, cash only. Simply show up at the Bob Carr P.A.C. box office in person, two-and-a-half hours early, and enter your name. If you win, you can purchase up to two tickets at the discounted price.
Not sure if the show is for you? Check out this trailer for Wicked:
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 23, 2018: Pig Floyd’s, Pizza Bruno, Be Our Guest, and More - February 23, 2018
- February 22 is National Margarita Day – Where to Celebrate in the Orlando Area - February 22, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up For 2018 Food & Wine Fest Starting March 3 - February 21, 2018
- 10th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 24-25, 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Sonny’s BBQ Smokin’ Showdown Comes to Orlando March 3 + Win Tickets! #sonnysbbq - February 19, 2018
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018