The Daytona International Speedway plays host to a number of races throughout the year, but none are like the Rolex 24.
This annual race is not just about speed, but also endurance, as drivers must circle the track for 24 hours.
The entire event starts Thursday, January 27, 2011, and concludes Sunday, January 30, 2011, as the drivers cross that finish line after a full day of being on that track.
In between, there are fan activities, cook-offs, the Daytona 5K Daytona Run and Fun Walk, live bands and more. There’s even a carnival midway and a driver autograph session (Saturday morning).
Individual tickets for the race itself (Saturday, January 29) range from $35 to $85. Multi-day packages are available starting at $59.
SPEED Network will air the first 7 hours of the race, beginning at 3pm on Saturday, and the last 7 hours of the race, beginning at 9am on Sunday.
Visit the official site for the 49th Annual Rolex 24 for more information on activities and tickets.
[Photo credit: Motorsports Images and Archives]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando 2023: What You Need to Know - March 16, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023