It’s 1987 on the Sunset Strip. In LA’s most famous rock club, a small town girl meets a big city rocker and the two fall in love to the sound of the great rock hits of the 80s.
This is the premise behind the five-time Tony Award nominated musical Rock of Ages.
A loving comedic look at all that rocked in the late 80s, the soundtrack includes songs by Night Ranger, Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, Pat Benatar, Poison, Warrant, Twisted Sister and Whitesnake.
The show still maintains its base on Broadway, but has also taken the show on the road. It’s due to stop in Orlando this week, running at the Carr Performing Arts Centre downtown from January 11 to 16.
Headlining the touring version of Rock of Ages is Tony Award Nominee and “American Idol” finalist Constantine Maroulis, who is very much in his element as the aforementioned rocker, Drew. Theater vet Rebecca Faulkenberry plays the small town girl Sherrie.
So break out your spandex, Aquanet and wine coolers. Tickets for the musical are available ranging from $35.75 to $67.75 (plus tax and Ticketmaster service fees). Go see it now, before they make the movie (due out in 2012, last I heard).
I saw Rock of Ages in it’s pre-Broadway beginnings in Los Angeles, and even then, it completely entertained me. But don’t just take my word for it – check out these video highlight clips courtesy of the Tony Awards and Playbill Magazine:
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022
- Give Kids The World’s ‘Night of a Million Lights’ Returns for Third Year at Island H2O - November 1, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Hamilton’ Schools the Dr. Phillips Center on Some History - October 28, 2022