Ever visited Gatorland and thought, “wow, it’d be really cool to get an aerial view of this!”? If so, then you might want to get yourself ready for a new attraction that is scheduled to open this summer.
The Screamin’ Gator Zip Line will take guests on an aerial tour of the park. According to details released at this week’s groundbreaking, the first tower will be located by the Gatorland train station and will send guests over the crocodile exhibit.
The second line goes over the jumping Cuban crocodiles, the third over the giant Nile crocodiles and the fourth, almost 600 feet long, comes out at the south end of the breeding marsh and ends near the gator wrestling area.
The final stretch will be a dual zip line, where guests can race each other. It will run parallel to the parking lot, and be visible to folks driving by on Orange Blossom Trail.
Though pricing hasn’t been set, Mark McHugh, Gatorland’s president and CEO, says he expects it to be between $60 and $70, in addition to the regular admission price, which won’t change.
While I personally have no desire to zip line over alligators and crocodiles, I can see where it’d add that bit of extra thrill to those who do it. Plus, McHugh says this new attraction will probably create about 15 or so jobs, which is a good thing.
A tentative June 2011 opening for the zip line was mentioned, but no specific date, as of now.
What do you think? Would you pay to do this?
[Images courtesy of Gatorland: top – Gatorland president and CEO Mark McHugh; bottom – Bubba and Cooter]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023