As Monty Python would say, if it’s not Scottish, it’s crap.
If you feel that way, or just want to check out some good old fashioned Scottish heritage, then you’ll want to be at the 2011 Central Florida Scottish Highland Games.
The two-day event, happening this weekend January 15 and 16 in Winter Springs, includes competitions for pipe bands, soloists, drummers, athletics, dancers, hashing run, and archery.
There are also dancing exhibitions, live music and, of course, plenty of food and drink. Not to mention more clan tartan than you can blow a bagpipe at.
The whole event takes place at Central Winds Park (1000 E. SR 484) in Winter Springs, FL, with the exception of a special sold-out Friday night Whisky Tasting that takes place at the Altamonte Hilton.
Tickets for Saturday are $17 in advance (purchase online) and $20 at the gate for adults. Sunday adult tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the gate. Discounts are available for children 6-17.
[Image courtesy Central Florida Scottish Highland Games]
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022