I know quite a few of our readers participate in marathons, Iron Mans and other competition races. But if you’ve got the skills, stamina and the desire to do something crazy, you’ll want to check out the Warrior Dash.
Contestants run a course filled with obstacles. Some you climb over, some you wade through, and some (like the fire pit) you jump over. It’s definitely not a Point A to Point B straight race.
The event is held in many locations throughout North America, and January 29 and 30, the Warrior Dash will be held at the Triple Canopy Ranch in Lake Wales.
The race is only 3.02 miles long, but it’s the course itself that will take its toll on you. You will get wet, muddy, dusty, dirty and tired. According to event organizers, it will be one of the craziest days of your life, and having seen the online map of the course, I believe it.
Oh, did I mention they even give you a Fuzzy Warrior helmet (see photo), a t-shirt and finishing medal, along with a free beer plus a post-race snack and water. There’s also free entertainment after it’s all done.
Cost to participate is $60 for Saturday and $50 for Sunday and if you want to do this, register this week, because you won’t be able to after Monday, January 17, at 3pm. That’s the cut-off deadline.
All details, including what to bring and what to expect, can be found at the Warrior Dash website set up by Red Frog Events, who are behind this crazy weekend event.
If you plan to do it, let us know.
[Photo courtesy Red Frog Events]
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022