I know quite a few of our readers participate in marathons, Iron Mans and other competition races. But if you’ve got the skills, stamina and the desire to do something crazy, you’ll want to check out the Warrior Dash.
Contestants run a course filled with obstacles. Some you climb over, some you wade through, and some (like the fire pit) you jump over. It’s definitely not a Point A to Point B straight race.
The event is held in many locations throughout North America, and January 29 and 30, the Warrior Dash will be held at the Triple Canopy Ranch in Lake Wales.
The race is only 3.02 miles long, but it’s the course itself that will take its toll on you. You will get wet, muddy, dusty, dirty and tired. According to event organizers, it will be one of the craziest days of your life, and having seen the online map of the course, I believe it.
Oh, did I mention they even give you a Fuzzy Warrior helmet (see photo), a t-shirt and finishing medal, along with a free beer plus a post-race snack and water. There’s also free entertainment after it’s all done.
Cost to participate is $60 for Saturday and $50 for Sunday and if you want to do this, register this week, because you won’t be able to after Monday, January 17, at 3pm. That’s the cut-off deadline.
All details, including what to bring and what to expect, can be found at the Warrior Dash website set up by Red Frog Events, who are behind this crazy weekend event.
If you plan to do it, let us know.
[Photo courtesy Red Frog Events]
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023
- The Edison at Disney Springs Will Team Up With Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando for Cocktails and a Special Event - August 24, 2023