I know quite a few of our readers participate in marathons, Iron Mans and other competition races. But if you’ve got the skills, stamina and the desire to do something crazy, you’ll want to check out the Warrior Dash.
As the creators describe it, Warrior Dash is a mud-crawling, fire-leaping 5K run from hell. Literally.
Contestants run a course filled with obstacles. Some you climb over, some you wade through, and some (like the fire pit) you jump over. It’s definitely not a Point A to Point B straight race.
The event is held in many locations throughout North America, and January 29 and 30, the Warrior Dash will be held at the Triple Canopy Ranch in Lake Wales.
The race is only 3.02 miles long, but it’s the course itself that will take its toll on you. You will get wet, muddy, dusty, dirty and tired. According to event organizers, it will be one of the craziest days of your life, and having seen the online map of the course, I believe it.
Oh, did I mention they even give you a Fuzzy Warrior helmet (see photo), a t-shirt and finishing medal, along with a free beer plus a post-race snack and water. There’s also free entertainment after it’s all done.
Cost to participate is $60 for Saturday and $50 for Sunday and if you want to do this, register this week, because you won’t be able to after Monday, January 17, at 3pm. That’s the cut-off deadline.
All details, including what to bring and what to expect, can be found at the Warrior Dash website set up by Red Frog Events, who are behind this crazy weekend event.
If you plan to do it, let us know.
[Photo courtesy Red Frog Events]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando 2023: What You Need to Know - March 16, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023