One of my favorite holiday displays at Walt Disney World was always the Lights of Winter arch that straddled the walkway that connected the two sections of Epcot.
It was programmed so the lights changed colors and danced to the holiday music being played. It was so pretty and always got me into the spirit. Sometimes I would just perch myself under it on one of the planter ledges and watch for 20 or 30 minutes.
Unfortunately, 2008 was the last year that WDW decided to install the display. Disney officials stated in 2009 the park was retiring the Lights of Winter because the technology to operate the attraction was obsolete.
So in memory of a truly magical holiday display, here’s a photo of the Epcot holiday arch. I took it during the last year that Walt Disney World had the Lights of Winter up.
I was in Future World, looking towards the World Showcase. At the very end, you can see the bottom of the Christmas tree at the entrance to the World Showcase.
Hopefully we’ll get to see this beautiful display again during a future holiday season. After all, Disney Imagineers should be capable of creating a comparable display that is more up-to-date technology-wise.
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces 2020-2021 Season .. @OrlandoPhilOrch #OrlandoArts #OrlandoPhilharmonic - February 7, 2020