One of my favorite holiday displays at Walt Disney World was always the Lights of Winter arch that straddled the walkway that connected the two sections of Epcot.
It was programmed so the lights changed colors and danced to the holiday music being played. It was so pretty and always got me into the spirit. Sometimes I would just perch myself under it on one of the planter ledges and watch for 20 or 30 minutes.
Unfortunately, 2008 was the last year that WDW decided to install the display. Disney officials stated in 2009 the park was retiring the Lights of Winter because the technology to operate the attraction was obsolete.
So in memory of a truly magical holiday display, here’s a photo of the Epcot holiday arch. I took it during the last year that Walt Disney World had the Lights of Winter up.
I was in Future World, looking towards the World Showcase. At the very end, you can see the bottom of the Christmas tree at the entrance to the World Showcase.
Hopefully we’ll get to see this beautiful display again during a future holiday season. After all, Disney Imagineers should be capable of creating a comparable display that is more up-to-date technology-wise.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019