I’ve seen snow Santas and sand Santas but the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotel has a Santa sculpture I’ve never seen before – a life-size chocolate Santa.
The entire display, complete with armchair, fireplace and Christmas tree, is made from 1,200 pounds of chocolate.
According to the hotel, their world-champion executive pastry chef, Laurent Branlard, used 880 pounds of dark chocolate, 132 pounds of milk chocolate, 154 pounds of white chocolate and 120 pounds of cocoa butter.
They also say this amazing creation contains almost 3,000,000 calories. Something tells me Weight Watchers would not approve.
Not sure what they’re going to do with the sculpture when the holidays are over, but I sure hope they have the air conditioning cranked up to prevent it from melting in the meantime.
[Photo courtesy of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin]
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando 2023: What You Need to Know - March 16, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023