I’ve seen snow Santas and sand Santas but the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotel has a Santa sculpture I’ve never seen before – a life-size chocolate Santa.
According to the hotel, their world-champion executive pastry chef, Laurent Branlard, used 880 pounds of dark chocolate, 132 pounds of milk chocolate, 154 pounds of white chocolate and 120 pounds of cocoa butter.
They also say this amazing creation contains almost 3,000,000 calories. Something tells me Weight Watchers would not approve.
Not sure what they’re going to do with the sculpture when the holidays are over, but I sure hope they have the air conditioning cranked up to prevent it from melting in the meantime.
[Photo courtesy of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin]
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023
- The Edison at Disney Springs Will Team Up With Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando for Cocktails and a Special Event - August 24, 2023