The bad news is that word has reached us that the Orlando Christmas Parade has been cancelled for 2010.
Organizers cite financial issues and current economic times for their decision, but hope that the parade will return in 2011.
However, they’re not about to send Santa packing just yet. In place of the parade, they will be holding a holiday event called Santa’s Farewell Festival.
On December 18th, grab the family and head over to the SODO Shopping Center (at the intersection of S. Orange Ave and Grant St, just south of downtown).
From 11pm to 5pm everyone gets to meet Santa, participate incrafts and cookie decorating, and take part in the Holiday Pet Costume Contest.
There will also be live entertainment, and a radio broadcast from Magic 107.7FM’s Leslye Gale and John Forsythe.
The event is free to attend and even parking is free.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando 2023: What You Need to Know - March 16, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023