While I’m working hard to bring you news and reviews of things happening around Orlando and its surroundings, there are some other great blogs out there who are doing the same.
So here are some recent posts that you might enjoy reading.
If you’ve been outside at anytime this week, so far, you may have noticed it’s unusually cold in Central Florida. Like record (almost) cold. Well, according to WESH Channel 2, the “Cold Temps Affect Central Florida Theme Parks.” I kinda figured the water parks would close – after all, don’t want the guests turning into popsicles – but who knew that the cold could also affect the operation of coasters at the parks?
Thanks to a Twitter by Cole Nesmith, I discovered this FREE Christmas album download featuring in his words, “…lots of Orlando musicians (and some from far away).” He should know, as he’s one of them. Some great versions of Christmas classics – Nesmith’s version of “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” and The Oceanauts two tracks are my faves – plus the sound mix is well done. Go download “Hey, It’s Christmas!”
Pulse of Central Florida has a few guest posts from Veronique Conus on “Central Florida Thrifting” that are definitely must reads if you like picking up vintage stuff on the cheap.
Bess at Central Florida Top 5 has a great review of SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebrations. The Disney Blog also gave it a huge thumbs up, saying it was “a great family value.” I haven’t been to see it yet, but it’s on my list.
The Daily City talks about the upcoming holiday-themed art show “The Most Wonderful Happy Glitter Time Show” that is being hosted by Pom Pom’s Teahouse and Sandwicheria (one of my fave eats in town) through Jan 2, 2011. Grand opening reception is Dec 12 from 8pm-10pm.
Finally, over at The Orlando Blog, they spotlight a new holiday amenity provided by the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels: Elf Tuck-In Service. That and the life-sized sculpted chocolate Santa should put you in the mood for Christmas.
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022
- Universal Orlando to Close Five Attractions in January 2023 - November 2, 2022
- Give Kids The World’s ‘Night of a Million Lights’ Returns for Third Year at Island H2O - November 1, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Hamilton’ Schools the Dr. Phillips Center on Some History - October 28, 2022