While I’m working hard to bring you news and reviews of things happening around Orlando and its surroundings, there are some other great blogs out there who are doing the same.
So here are some recent posts that you might enjoy reading.
If you’ve been outside at anytime this week, so far, you may have noticed it’s unusually cold in Central Florida. Like record (almost) cold. Well, according to WESH Channel 2, the “Cold Temps Affect Central Florida Theme Parks.” I kinda figured the water parks would close – after all, don’t want the guests turning into popsicles – but who knew that the cold could also affect the operation of coasters at the parks?
Thanks to a Twitter by Cole Nesmith, I discovered this FREE Christmas album download featuring in his words, “…lots of Orlando musicians (and some from far away).” He should know, as he’s one of them. Some great versions of Christmas classics – Nesmith’s version of “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” and The Oceanauts two tracks are my faves – plus the sound mix is well done. Go download “Hey, It’s Christmas!”
Pulse of Central Florida has a few guest posts from Veronique Conus on “Central Florida Thrifting” that are definitely must reads if you like picking up vintage stuff on the cheap.
Bess at Central Florida Top 5 has a great review of SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebrations. The Disney Blog also gave it a huge thumbs up, saying it was “a great family value.” I haven’t been to see it yet, but it’s on my list.
The Daily City talks about the upcoming holiday-themed art show “The Most Wonderful Happy Glitter Time Show” that is being hosted by Pom Pom’s Teahouse and Sandwicheria (one of my fave eats in town) through Jan 2, 2011. Grand opening reception is Dec 12 from 8pm-10pm.
Finally, over at The Orlando Blog, they spotlight a new holiday amenity provided by the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels: Elf Tuck-In Service. That and the life-sized sculpted chocolate Santa should put you in the mood for Christmas.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023