Yesterday we reported on a new attraction at Discovery Cove, but it appears that sister park Busch Gardens in Tampa is also announcing not one, but two new attractions for the coming year.
The two are inter-related and inspired by one of the fastest animals known to man – the cheetah.
Cheetah Run is a new area at the park dedicated to the fast cat. Located in the former home of the Budweiser Clydesdales, guests will get the chance to witness Cheetahs in action. Elevated glass-paneled viewing areas with interactive touch screens will allow guests to learn everything about these magnificent animals.
Of course, there has to be a signature ride, and Busch Gardens is covering that with a new rollercoaster called Cheetah Hunt. If you feel the need for speed, this ride is for you.
Using Linear Synchronous Motion, which is basically using the force of repelling magnets to propel the ride, Cheetah Hunt launches riders from 0 to 60 in a matter of seconds – THREE times.
The first launch propels the train out of its station and into the grasslands that surround the new area. Moments later, a second burst of speed accelerates riders to 60 mph and up into the ride’s signature tower element that climbs more than 10 stories above the African landscape before plunging 130 feet into a subterranean trench. At the far end of this three-quarter-mile path, a third burst of speed rockets the train back across the plain toward the station.
I’m looking forward to this new area because cheetahs have always been one of my favorite animals.
Busch Gardens says that Cheetah Hunt and Cheetah Run will be open in spring 2011.
If the company-supplied artist renderings haven’t tempted you, perhaps this video by Busch Gardens will:
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023