Yesterday, Rhonda (my roommate) and I decided to check out Whole Foods’ 30th Anniversary celebration. We arrived at the Dr. Phillips store (corner of Turkey Lake and Sand Lake Rds) around 1pm, and the first vendor sampling table was set up right by the door.
We sampled just about everything. Chocolate-covered Goji Berries, honey melons, cantaloupes, organic orange juice from a company in Clermont, fresh peach sorbet (that VitaMix guy was a hardcore salesperson), cheeses, protein drinks, wine and microbrews. Most everything was delicious – nothing was truly horrible, but a few things didn’t really excite me.
Just when we thought we couldn’t sample any more food, they announced they were starting their store-wide chili cook-off. They had me at chili. So we did one more lap around the store, tasting every single chili entrant.
Rhonda’s favorite was a sweet-spicy version that used NY strip steak, mangos, red pepper flakes and agave nectar. I liked that one, but it was a bit too sweet. There was a vegetarian one that was nice and spicy, but it had a weird texture to it. My overall favorite was a white chicken chili. It was almost like a cream of chicken soup with beans, but it had a great flavor and texture. It was the only chili that I ate the whole sample.
It was a fun way to spend an hour or so, and I also liked checking out products without wasting money on something I may not like.
If you missed the Dr. Phillips store celebration, the anniversary party continues at the Winter Park store today from 1pm to 5pm.
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: 2022 Festival of Trees at Orlando Museum of Art Kicks off the Holidays - November 13, 2022
- 2022 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 7, 2022
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Nov 5-6 - November 4, 2022
- Maker Faire Orlando Returns for 10th Anniversary November 5-6, 2022 - November 3, 2022