Yesterday, Rhonda (my roommate) and I decided to check out Whole Foods’ 30th Anniversary celebration. We arrived at the Dr. Phillips store (corner of Turkey Lake and Sand Lake Rds) around 1pm, and the first vendor sampling table was set up right by the door.
We sampled just about everything. Chocolate-covered Goji Berries, honey melons, cantaloupes, organic orange juice from a company in Clermont, fresh peach sorbet (that VitaMix guy was a hardcore salesperson), cheeses, protein drinks, wine and microbrews. Most everything was delicious – nothing was truly horrible, but a few things didn’t really excite me.
Just when we thought we couldn’t sample any more food, they announced they were starting their store-wide chili cook-off. They had me at chili. So we did one more lap around the store, tasting every single chili entrant.
Rhonda’s favorite was a sweet-spicy version that used NY strip steak, mangos, red pepper flakes and agave nectar. I liked that one, but it was a bit too sweet. There was a vegetarian one that was nice and spicy, but it had a weird texture to it. My overall favorite was a white chicken chili. It was almost like a cream of chicken soup with beans, but it had a great flavor and texture. It was the only chili that I ate the whole sample.
It was a fun way to spend an hour or so, and I also liked checking out products without wasting money on something I may not like.
If you missed the Dr. Phillips store celebration, the anniversary party continues at the Winter Park store today from 1pm to 5pm.
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023