classic car show
now browsing by tag
Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Here’s a round-up of concerts and other events happening in the Orlando area this weekend.
Friday, May 13:
- Arena Football: Orlando Predators vs Cleveland Gladiators at the Amway Arena – $25-$250
- The Bloody Jug Band at Little Fish Big Pond in Sanford – Free
- Albert Castiglia at McWells Restaurant – Free
- Car Masters Car Masters Classic Car Show at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World – Free
- Epcot Flower & Garden Festival featuring Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone at Walt Disney World – Free with Park Admission
Andy Grammer at The Social – Free
- Tommy Johnagin at the Orlando Improv at Pointe Orlando – $17
- Last Call at The Garage in Sanford – Free
- Leading Ladies at Theatre Downtown – $20
- Mills-Stock ’11 at various venues in the Mills-50 area of Orlando – $8 per day/$15 for weekend pass
- Miss Tess and the Bon Ton Parade at McRaney’s Tavern – $7
- The Mommies – A Musical Blog at Plaza Live – $36
- One Body Blade with guests at The Haven in Winter Park – Free
- Orlando Cabaret Festival at Mad Cow Theater – $12-$20
- Plain White T’s with guests (Hearts for Haiti Benefit) at The Beacham – $28-$35
- Showdown at The Barn in Sanford – Free
- Marty Sklar (former head of Disney Imagineering) at UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management – $15 UCF students/$25 non-students
- Those Darlins with guests at BackBooth – $8
- The Wailers with special guests at House of Blues – $20.25
Very few people I know can’t appreciate a good vintage car – especially the old muscle cars. If that includes you, then you’ll want to head over to Walt Disney World this weekend for the Car Masters Weekend.
From 10:30am to 6pm Friday, May 13, to Sunday, May 15, muscle cars will line the Downtown Disney promenade, alongside the largest life-sized, radio-controlled replica cars ever built.
Of course Disney will tie in the exhibition to the upcoming release of “Cars 2“, which hits theaters on June 24. Characters like star racecar Lightning McQueen, pal Mater and master British spy Finn McMissile will be brought to life so fans can “meet” them face-to-face.
Other activities will include a Classic Car Show on Saturday and Sunday, judged by Pixar Animation Studios’ “Cars” Franchise Guardian and resident car expert, Jay Ward, as well as other “Cars 2”-themed activities (a video kiosk, games and giveaways that offer 18,000 prizes, including a new car).
The original “Cars” movie will also have a limited-engagement showing at the AMC Downtown Disney 24 throughout the weekend. Speaking of movies, don’t forget about the special free sneak preview of the AMC 24’s new Dine-In Theaters on Friday, May 13.
This sounds like a fun, low-cost (it’s free!) weekend event for the whole family. I’m definitely going to check it out.