At this summer’s D23 Expo, it was announced a new transportation system at Walt Disney World called the Disney Skyliner would be coming to the resort, and this week we learned more about it.
The gondola-style system will connect Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot via stops at Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts, plus other locations yet to be announced.
Select Disney Skyliner cabins will feature Disney characters on their exterior design, including favorites from films, Disney attractions, and of course, the “Fab Five.”
This week details about the boarding stations were revealed, via D23.com, the official Disney fan club.
The station at the International Gateway at Epcot will be have a European-inspired design, borrowed from the nearby Epcot pavillions. This station will feature canopies, hand-painted murals, and ornamental steel structures inspired by the early 18th-century Art Nouveau style. It will also offer a great view of the World Showcase inside the park.
The station at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will feature a complementary design to the parks entrance. While in the air, passengers will get a bird’s-eye view of some of the park’s attractions, including The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. From the artist rendering above, it looks like the station will be near the lake and boat dock, across from the park entrance.
One station hub will be at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resorts, and the station design will be inspired by the open-air village marketplaces of the Caribbean. Here, guests can transfer gondola routes or enjoy the resort’s waterfront.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will share a skyliner station, and arrivals and departures will travel above Hourglass Lake and feature a panoramic view of both resorts.
What do you think about the Disney Skyliner? Are you excited to ride this new mode of transportation when it’s open?
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Teams for the Pro Bowl Game in Orlando January 28, 2018 #ProBowlOrlando #ThisIsOrlando - January 14, 2018