The results are in for this year’s Visit Orlando Magical Dining Month sponsored by American Express, and a record amount was raised for local charities.
From Aug. 25 to Oct. 12, guests enjoyed three-course, $35 dinners at a record 118 restaurants across Central Florida., and $1 from each meal was donated Freedom Ride Inc. and BASE Camp Children’s Foundation.
This year far exceeded expectations with a record $208,620 raised for the charities!
“What another fantastic year for our Magical Dining program,” said George Aguel, president and CEO of Visit Orlando. “Along with our valuable partners in the restaurant industry, we’re excited to make this record contribution to our friends at Freedom Ride and BASE Camp.”
Freedom Ride provides therapeutic horseback riding to people of all ages coping with physical, emotional and learning disabilities. The donation from Magical Dining will significantly help in the organization’s goal of building a covered arena for year-round riding in all weather conditions.
BASE Camp works to ease the stress of children and their families suffering from cancer and other life-threatening hematological illnesses. Proceeds from Magical Dining will help fund support programs such as Second Wishes, which provides children with a recurrence of cancer the opportunity to experience another once-in-a-lifetime wish.
Additional information about Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month, including a list of restaurants that participated, is available at OrlandoMagicalDining.com.
[Photo Caption: (From left to right) Don Engfer, Visit Orlando Board Chair; Marianne Gray, Freedom Ride; Terri Jones, BASE Camp Children’s Cancer Foundation; and Joanne Marsal Vassos, American Express. Image courtesy of Visit Orlando.]
- Rascal Flatts to Perform DAYTONA 500 Pre-Race Show February 18, 2018 - January 20, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018